Settings resets after boot

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

Settings resets after boot

Postby sideron » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:44 am

Hi every time i start my computer the url that is on the first screen -just above where I choose my wowaccount resets ti this string: http://yourdomain.com/yourinterface.php.

Very anoying. What is wrong?
btw the url that should be ther is: http://data.rpgoutfitter.com/wowparser.cgi
sideron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 am

Settings resets after boot

Postby sideron » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:29 pm

Isn't there anyone that can explain what i'm doin wrong?!?!
sideron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 am

Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:35 am

no ideas yet
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Settings resets after boot

Postby sideron » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Since no one seems to be able to answer this at least tell me where UniUploader stores its settings on the harddrive so i can recode it myself.

and also; if it is the file settings.ini then what text would be in that file, because mine is totaly blank
Last edited by sideron on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sideron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 am

Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:26 am

should be PRIMARYURL
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Settings resets after boot

Postby sideron » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:51 am

ok should that be in the settings.ini or is it a regpost or is it a file?
sideron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 am

Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:16 am

sorry, settings.ini
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Settings resets after boot

Postby sideron » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Nice thank you, know it is working :)
sideron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:21 am

Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:17 am

what was it if you dont mind me asking
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Settings resets after boot

Postby boyo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:11 pm

This is very common when running windows vista.
I would say UniUploader hasn't been optimized for it yet.
By default in vista, when a program is running it cannot modify files that are in the program files directory. To include wow addons.

Just as a note, when Uni downloads an addon it *tries* to put it in the appropriate folder but actually puts it in a different folder which is a pain to find and since I dont have my vista computer handy I couldn't tell you exactly where it is. But it's called a virtualstore I believe.

I ran into the same problem when I first installed Uni on the vista machine, the simple fix was to run it once as an admin set your settings and close out of it, then run it normal from there on out. If any settings are pushed thru UniAdmin they will still be pushed to UniUploader every time it is started, they just wont be saved.
boyo
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:37 am

Re: Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:14 am

boyo wrote:This is very common when running windows vista.
I would say UniUploader hasn't been optimized for it yet.
By default in vista, when a program is running it cannot modify files that are in the program files directory. To include wow addons.

Just as a note, when Uni downloads an addon it *tries* to put it in the appropriate folder but actually puts it in a different folder which is a pain to find and since I dont have my vista computer handy I couldn't tell you exactly where it is. But it's called a virtualstore I believe.

I ran into the same problem when I first installed Uni on the vista machine, the simple fix was to run it once as an admin set your settings and close out of it, then run it normal from there on out. If any settings are pushed thru UniAdmin they will still be pushed to UniUploader every time it is started, they just wont be saved.



I will add this to the todo list, please consider it my first priority after my current projects ( I have other hobbies as well )
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Settings resets after boot

Postby boyo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:48 am

Matt, If you dont have access to vista, this will give you a peek into the virtualstore. http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?p=141
Also, If you need someone to beta, feel free to drop me a pm.
boyo
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:37 am

Re: Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 am

boyo wrote:Matt, If you dont have access to vista, this will give you a peek into the virtualstore. http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?p=141
Also, If you need someone to beta, feel free to drop me a pm.


you insult me :(
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: Settings resets after boot

Postby boyo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:59 am

MattM wrote:
boyo wrote:Matt, If you dont have access to vista, this will give you a peek into the virtualstore. http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?p=141
Also, If you need someone to beta, feel free to drop me a pm.


you insult me :(


Heh, no insult intended, and I appologize for that. Just offering to do what I can for the greater good of us all.
boyo
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:37 am

Settings resets after boot

Postby MattM » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:25 am

Thanks, every bit helps.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA


Return to UniUploader

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron