Formatting Error?

Dragonfly integration forum

Formatting Error?

Postby Hardball » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 am

Anyone got a clue as to why this is happening? Alrite when viewing my Dragonfly website from my laptop is aligns perfectly and all looks great. But here is the problem. I went to it from other computers and on SOME not all of those other computers the website is misaligned. For example all the blocks on the right hand side of the main page do not appear unless you scroll to the right. However on my laptop when vieiwing the page they are all aligned properly. Let me know waht happens when you view the page do you hav eot scroll as well?

http://www.TTK-Guild.com

How can I fix this issue or is it something on the other computers that is just casing them to see it incorrectly?

Ty in Advance
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Formatting Error?

Postby RottGutt » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:24 am

More likely than not, it is a matter of the other computers having a lower/much lower screen resolution. As an example, the resolution on my laptop is 1920x1200, and your site looks fine. It also looks fine on my other laptop, which has a resolution of 1680x1050. Either the monitors on the other computers are very old (low resolution, 800x600 is an example), or they need a severe adjustment (if the installed video card can handle it). There is nothing at all wrong with your site.

RottGutt
Last edited by RottGutt on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Formatting Error?

Postby PleegWat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:47 pm

This problem occurs with all DF installs on 800x600 and lower, and on most with 1024x768. I'm frequently yelling at anax when this one is showing a scrollbar again for me, since I use my browser windowed at about 1000x750 pixels.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Formatting Error?

Postby Hardball » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:40 pm

Alrite I see. Okay I jsut wanted to make sure that it was not my install. But I can see that it is a resolution problem. I did the same test you did above Rott and got the same results. Thank you for clearing this up for me.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby RottGutt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:52 am

Hardball wrote:Alrite I see. Okay I jsut wanted to make sure that it was not my install. But I can see that it is a resolution problem. I did the same test you did above Rott and got the same results. Thank you for clearing this up for me.

No problem. Glad to help.

RottGutt
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby secretone » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:06 am

Well I have dragonfly installed and also that theme and my site does not behave like that.

It looks as if either your news or message modules are set to fixed width as they do not shrink when you make the web page width smaller.

Have a look at http://knightsofold.eu/dragonfly and you will see that my middle sections shrink.

Not sure where this is set, I will try and find out, maybe someone else will answer before I do.

Secretone
secretone
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby secretone » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:15 am

It's to do with the pictures in your news section.

It forces it to be as wide as your widest picture.

I do not have any pictures in the news that shows on the front screen, they get to see the picture when they click "Read more..."

Hope that helps.

Secretone
secretone
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Formatting Error?

Postby Hardball » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:02 am

It only does it on certian computers though which is waht i don't udnerstand. The pictures are set to a width to be placed properly. But if it is indeed the pictures why does it only behave like this on certain computers?
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Formatting Error?

Postby zanix » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:06 am

Because of the resolution
Don't have your browser window maximized and shrink the window
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to Dragonfly