phpbb2 integrate with Roster beta ?

phpBB integration forum

phpbb2 integrate with Roster beta ?

Postby Sizuka » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Is there anyone that is in the progress of making a bridge between Roster Beta and phpbb ?
I would like to allow see Roster only to them that are login in phpbb2 ...
And if it is possible , i would like my members do only one login to the site and
be able to see phpbb section and Roster as well ...

Everyhting in Beta working fine for me - so i would like to test something like that :)
Sizuka
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: phpbb2 integrate with Roster beta ?

Postby Munazz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:25 am

Munazz
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby tuigii » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:49 am

Sizuka wrote:...I would like to allow see Roster only to them that are login in phpbb2 ...
And if it is possible , i would like my members do only one login to the site and be able to see phpbb section and Roster as well ...

Hide everything with a "login" means that the aut. database of phpbb2 (phpbb3 for that mather) has to be used by the Roster. WoWRoster has to become 'phpbbx session minded'.
Don't even bother asking phpbb for doing so - they are already occupied for the last 2 years writing version 3 :wink:

But, I have something to show you.
Go over here: www.les-grands-croises.fr
You won't see the roster yet.
Create an account (it's free and simple, you know he drill).
Look at the top line links: you get the picture.

If you want to know how I did that, post back again here. I show you the single one file I modified.

Even TS completely integrated, as a direct link to download UniUpLoader (preset for that Guild) - as you will see.

I admit that every one can access the roster of The Grand Croises right away, by going directly to http://www.les-grands-croises.fr/roster (you could change the roster dir name, of course).
But : there is another point of view to consider here : why hide yourself and your Guildies ? you guys play all naked IG ??? Don't wana show your characters because all those nasty loots you have ?
DO NOT FORGET that WoW could blast all your ideas (and all yours reasons) away: they already expose 75 % of your character on the net - and these can be seen by this planet (the entire solar system: soon !).
And in a near, near feature they will expose everything.
because the Armory is and rest an advertising tool - for free !
And you want to 'hide' something??

Please reply, and motivate the why part here, because I am curious :wink:

Another thing: the guy that will find your roster is probably the same type of guy (Guildie) that say to you : can’t update, it’s to complicated. Yeaaah, right.
So I explain them (hours if needed) – clean out the mess in their PC’s, if needed; Propose UniUpLoader, if needed.
Still no go? I DEGUILD. Kevin-county is big - they find place in it. Period.

[Sorry for exploding your question and getting carried away … :wink: ]
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby tuigii » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:52 am

Nice job - I'm impressed (did test it my self, but Y'll have a go for it soon) :!:
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to phpBB