First post!

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

First post!

Postby rottinghell » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:02 am

Ok... I have VS.net 2003, and I can compile and all that jazz, but what is that script file? How do I use that? how can I make it so that it is already preset and configured for my guild website?

help?

I haven't actually tried to compile the source code, but I know I can do it, school... you know... :P

Heap / Rottinghell
rottinghell
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: First post!

Postby MattM » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:19 am

download http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Download

download http://wowroster.net/index.php?name=Dow ... ails&id=15

generate the settings.ini you want to package with it

its all very self explanatory
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Kantri » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:18 pm

Mind dumbing it down for me?
Kantri
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Sahasrahla » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:02 pm

Kantri wrote:Mind dumbing it down for me?

You shouldn't need to recompile the program if all you want to do is have the default settings ready for your guild. Download the NSIS installer-maker program thing. Make sure you have UniUploader installed and set up the way you want the rest of the guild's to be setup. Now download the Installer-maker script automation thingy and put that .nsi file in your UniUploader install directory. Now right-click the script and say "Compile" and it will make an installer package and include your settings file. Give that installer package to the rest of your guild and they will automagically be setup and configured for your roster site.
Sahasrahla
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Kantri » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:52 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I was unclear on the step to put the installer script in the installation directory. :)

I will try this when I get off work and let you know if I run into any snags. :)
Kantri
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

First post!

Postby ScratchMonkey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Does the installer handle non-standard WoW installation paths? For example, I installed it c:\games\wow, and on my old machine, my boot drive was G: (ancient Win9x system with lots of partitions and Win2k added to it), and all my games were on M:.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby Sahasrahla » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:42 pm

ScratchMonkey wrote:Does the installer handle non-standard WoW installation paths? For example, I installed it c:\games\wow, and on my old machine, my boot drive was G: (ancient Win9x system with lots of partitions and Win2k added to it), and all my games were on M:.

I don't think it will support non-standard installs if you use the quick'n'dirty explanation I used above; rather it will assume that everybody installed it to the directory used by the original installer package maker.

To make it auto-detect WoW, open Settings.ini before you run the NSIS script and make sure you set the following settings down in the [settings] panel:
Code: Select all
[settings]
AUTODETECTWOW=True
EXELOC=
FILELOCATION=
SELECTEDACCT=no accounts found

This way, when each person installs your custom copy of UniUploader, the program will go "OH CRAP! I don't know where WoW is!!" and it'll ask them, just like it asked you the first time you opened UniUploader.
Sahasrahla
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

First post!

Postby Sahasrahla » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:52 pm

While I'm here, I'd like to add that there are a few things I changed in the NSIS script itself before I compiled... First of all, the define for PRODUCT_WEB_SITE is still set to http://www.wowprofilers.com; I changed this to wowroster.net...

Secondly, I uncommented the line
;File "UniUploader\settings.ini"

and removed the extra directory. I'm not entirely sure why it's there... I ended up with
File "settings.ini"

Ok, so that was all I changed, but the include line of code for settings.ini is messed up and that's important damnit :P
Sahasrahla
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Return to UniUploader