BETA 2.0 and non-guild (public) uploads?

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby Logan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:31 pm

Hello

I was under the impression that 2.0 allows multi-guild/non-guild characters (or public for want of a better word) to be uploaded, is this true? If so, how do I enable it!? I've just tried to upload to my roster but it says 'not allowed'. I can't find a 'public' option in the config.

Many thanks

EDIT: Ok I've managed to 'allow' characters to be uploaded, however I cannot see the roster. It goes straight to the config.

EDIT: Right heres my scenario. I have about four horde characters in a guild called Mortality Bytes on the EU server Kul Tiras. I have added that to the allow as:

Mortality Bytes | Kul Tiras | EU

I also have some non-guilded alliance characters on Kul Tiras EU and have added:

% | Kul Tiras | EU

I also have a non-guilded alliance character on Deathwing EU and have added:

% | Deathwing | EU

All this is on the Upload Rules > Guild page.

On the Character page I have also added all my characters to be allowed.

When I then go to update, the update works (see attached) but I get:

Could not find Guild. GuildProfiler Addon not installed correctly?

However I've looked at the cp.lua and the ["Guild"] bit does exist. I'm using the most recent versions of both CP and GP.

Can anyone please explain what I'm doing wrong!? Thanks!
Attachments
update_log.txt
(3.72 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Last edited by Logan on Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Logan
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:50 pm

About the rules: You probably want to set tighter rules than that. If you set character-specific rules, you do not need to set any guild rules for those characters. On the other hand, if you add a character's guild as allowed, you do not need to set allow rules for the character, because members of allowed guilds are automatically allowed to upload.

Probably, you want to either allow your characters specifically (if this is a personal roster), or allow % | % | EU and put a password on character uploads.

About the starting page: I think rostercp is the default starting page. Once you've got a couple of addons installed, you can use the default page setting on the main page of the roster config to set a different default page.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Logan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:58 pm

D'oh! Thank you :D My problem was the addons, I hadn't enabled the Members addon! Grr, I hate it when its something so simple lol

Thanks ;)
Logan
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Archived