Roster Beta and UniAdmin Settings

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby Buster2XLC » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:28 am

Could someone please tell me the settings for the uniAdmin so that i can upload my files via UniUploader to the new Roster?
Buster2XLC
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm

Of course :D

A generic example :
http://your-site-url/rosterv2/index.php?p=update

rosterv2 is jour v2 roster directory.

Just click on the Update button on the main Roster (v2) page : the URL that shows up is yours.

Have this URL in my UniAdmin (as a second Roster to update), and Guildies are updating the new roster without even knowing it :wink:

You should put this URL in PRIMARYURL (and check the mark besides it)
Or : put it in ADDURL1 as a second URL to send the cp.lua to.
Last edited by tuigii on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Buster2XLC » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:11 am

Ok, i had done this, but it doesnt work.

UniAdmin has get the files...but it doesnt actualised in Roster.
Her some screenshots of settings etc.

Buster2XLC
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:53 am

Ok.

I get your point.

Understand that is is useless to fed UniAdmin with settings if the UniUpLoader's (on the PC's of your Guildies) can't take over the centralized settings in UniAdmin.
As stated above, you chould assure that at least PRIMARYURL contains a good URL (in your case, it is) and that it's checked just behind it!!

Let’s say that it’s marked for ‘exportation’ so an UniUpLoader that asks for setting will receive all the 'checked' ones (and only those).

Your situation right now is that you use the correct values in UniAdmin, but Guildies can't take over the setting - because you don't let them do so. So you know what to do now ;- )

Another important thing is that you have to assure yourself that UniUpLoader(s) are taking over these settings from UniAdmin when they start up.
There is only ONE good solution for this: prepare yourself a UniUpLoader with the NIS installer (in the download section of UniUpLoader - it's there for a reason - asking your Guildies to set up a tool like this is even worse as asking them to upload a cp.lua file by hand) working on YOUR PC.
Check that it loads correctly, and that it syncs correctly.
Pack it all up in an installer file, zip the exe down in a zip file, and offer that one to download on your CMS of your Guild.
Manual ? This is also possible.
At least two things should be set up when installing a ‘default’ UniUpLoader:
A Guildie should go to the Updater page. Put in this URL: http://your.url.here/uniadmin/interface.php and check at least case number 3 : Keep my critical UniUpLoader settings updated.
Doing so will fill in all the settings in UniUpLoader when it restarts - or when you hit the Synchronize button on the same 'Updater' page.
'All the settings' means here: the ones YOU marked (checked) in UniAdmin.

Giev them something like this to see: every one loves images – reading is for the nerds.

Be careful what you mark for 'export', DO NOT try to take over the entire behaviour of all these UniUpLoader's out there : Guildes won't get when it doesn't accepts their private settings - and will abandon the project.

Anyway, documentation IS still needed when you launch a thing tool like this. A couple of images like this: is always 'a bare minimum' if you want your Guildies to actually use UniUpLoader.
Something like http://www.papy-team.fr/forum/e107_plug ... #post_3531 [sorry: French :wink: ]
Btw : Tuigii == Nowwhat over there.
Last edited by tuigii on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Buster2XLC » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:06 am

Hey, it works after i had set it to additional URL.

Thanks for that help
Buster2XLC
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Buster2XLC » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:14 am

Sorry for double post, but have on more question.

Had paked my UniUpload with NSIS, also with settings etc.
Had installed it another time on my pc from the packed nsis setup file.

But it doesnt work at the other guildies, they cant upload, so the uniadmin has get statistics about a Upload from some member but the roster didnt update the files.

Now my question, have they first Upload there Chara and PVP Datas at the Roster manually without the UniUploader or must i make some other settings in roster just like apply Uploads from User x? Cause i had made settings in "Update Acces" all for public.
Buster2XLC
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Roster Beta and UniAdmin Settings

Postby tuigii » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:42 am

Buster2XLC wrote:...Cause i had made settings in "Update Acces" all for public.

What 'kind' of roster is this ?
Everybody can upload a CP.lua file by hand or with the help of UniUpLoader. Techniclay, the procedure is the same.
If chars in the CP.lua are (is) accepted, depends on the Roster itself (and its settings - but this quit logic.)

The UniUpLoader settings.ini file doesn’t contain any individual settings.
The only exception might be the usage of the Roster password in UniUpLoader (you won’t wana distribute this one ‘by force’ with the help of UniAdmin – or, you could do so)
If it works for you (the settings.ini file), than it also works for other Guild members, concerning the guilded chars in the CP.lua file.

Just build your zipped installer – upload it on your CMS – remove any UniUploader traces on your PC (this is called de-installing ;-) ). Download and install it (again) from your public download address (your CMS). Let it run – it should work for you – and also for some one else (another Guild member).

If any questions, I could give you access right to one of my UniAdmin sites, and you could download one my ZIPped UniUploader installer files.
They won’t work for you (they point to a Roster that won’t accept your chars….) but you could compare settings with yours – knowing that mine is (are) working.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:30 am

Actually Roster 2.0 has the ability to restrict uploads with a certain access level

Admin - Officer - Guild

The upload access is controlled in RosterCP->Main Settings->Upload Access
GP - CP - and other lua's have each their own access level
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to Archived