How to get the buttons on top in one row

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby Ninaste » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi,

I've looked at every thread in this forum (yes I have) and looked at the stickies. Unfortunately I didn't find an answer to my question.

I noticed that there are four buttons on top of the menu, "Guild Information", "Realm Information", "Update Profile" and "Utilities".

In my roster, and in screenshots of others as well, I have the "Utilities" button on the line below the other three (http://ontour.dyndns.org/roster/).
I have seen screenshots where they are nicely on one row (example: http://www.rpg-community.com/admin/uplo ... ns/cp1.jpg).

How do I manage that? I see I can manage the buttons in those menus, but not those buttons themselves. Also, my friend who hosts my site for me has, as far as I know, installed the new imagepack as well. Why then do I see the letters through the images in those buttons? Or does that have another reason?

Please help, I'd like to make my rostersite looking nice *smile*
Ninaste
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:57 pm

Your image isn't working.

There can be two reasons for the extra wrapping. One is a strange interpretation of the css by your browser that causes it not to fit on one line. The other is that I've seen firefox make extra wrappings for no obvious reason at all, but seems to be related to incremental rendering.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: How to get the buttons on top in one row

Postby Ninaste » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:14 pm

I'm using IE6 myself.

I'll ask my friend to reinstall the imagepack.

Thanks for answering! *Smile*
Ninaste
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:03 pm

Ah, that probably explains it. Each browser renders html differently, especially when CSS is used. We test on IE7, but not on IE6.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Archived