Not syncing?

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Not syncing?

Postby torie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:01 am

I apologize in advance for the simplicity of my question but I can't seem to get this add-on to work. I've studied every post in this forum and can't seem to find a similar problem.

I'm using Roster 2.0 and all of my other add-ons work. I unzipped all of the ArmorySync files into the add-ons folder and I'm able to use the Add-On configuration options just fine. I've loaded my guild list via cp.lua, so the list of names is there. However, when I click through to sync it with Armory, I get a list of all my members full of question marks with a begin time and no end time. The progress bar never moves. Thinking it was just too much data (nearly 300 members) I tried syncing just one character--same problem. I get the bouncing blue question marks and no progress on the progress bar.

Reading through the forums I noticed that people were posting their config.php file--which I don't have. I re-downloaded the add-on and sure enough it's not included in the package. I'm assuming this should've been autogenerated during installation, then, but there was no installation that I know of--simply putting it in the Add-Ons folder and activating/installing it through the Add-On Config menu.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated...
torie
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Not syncing?

Postby vblars » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:38 am

Me too and i get an Error: uncaught exception: No access to call method XMLHttpRequest.open. The error message I've translate to English hope you can understand.

I can update when i disable ajax. I did uninstall armorysync and installed it again but no change.

Lars
vblars
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Not syncing?

Postby torie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:59 am

Oh! I turned off Ajax and now it works for me as well. I wonder why that is? Is Ajax necessary for any other aspect of the add-on and thus should be turned back on?
torie
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Not syncing?

Postby zanix » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:15 pm

Nope, its only for the sync pages

There are two methods for the sync process
Ajax and javascript reload

The Ajax method doesn't reload the page and therefore appears more smooth than the other method, and takes slightly less time
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated