Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

Re: Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby swampy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:28 pm

rouven wrote:Thats what i do:

Navigating to: uniadmin/?p=wowace
Press: Update All

It seems that the header with the logo is coming twice and after that all those errors.

Is there anything else to do?


I must apologise - I realised after posting I'd changed the code from the original in SVN so that it called ace_update_all() instead. I've added an ace_title column to the UA addons table which has the title of the ACE file in it.

This isn't ideal by any means, but I believe the existing code is still a work in progress so I just stuck with the original attempt at auto updating. If you look at the project page it's still considered incomplete by Matt.
User avatar
swampy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby rouven » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 pm

That's no problem. So what I have to do:

1.) add another column called ace_title VARCHAR(50)?
2.) Rename function from ace_update_all() to what?

Regards,

Rouven
User avatar
rouven
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby lunzet » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Do you still have in mind to setup a url where i can run my cronjob with without pressing any button? That is what I would like to see in the end....agree?
User avatar
lunzet
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:23 pm

Re: Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby swampy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:06 pm

rouven wrote:That's no problem. So what I have to do:

1.) add another column called ace_title VARCHAR(50)?
2.) Rename function from ace_update_all() to what?

Regards,

Rouven


You need to populate the ace_title column with the name of the ace component as well. NB - you'll probably have to back out this change to the database since it's unofficial and Matt is going down a different route. My guild needs about 40 ACE addins updated though so I took the hit :)

I'm away from the code at the minute, but it's the update_all type command that's commented out at the top of the wowace.php module followed by die;
<br /><a href="http://www.argentdawnexiles.org" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" title="http://www.argentdawnexiles.org" ><img src="http://www.argentdawnexiles.org/wowroster/sig/Jakob.png" style="border:0;" alt="" /></a><br />
User avatar
swampy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby MattM » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:08 am

lunzet wrote:Do you still have in mind to setup a url where i can run my cronjob with without pressing any button? That is what I would like to see in the end....agree?


Yes, that is the end goal for now.


swampy wrote:
rouven wrote:That's no problem. So what I have to do:

1.) add another column called ace_title VARCHAR(50)?
2.) Rename function from ace_update_all() to what?

Regards,

Rouven


You need to populate the ace_title column with the name of the ace component as well. NB - you'll probably have to back out this change to the database since it's unofficial and Matt is going down a different route. My guild needs about 40 ACE addins updated though so I took the hit :)

I'm away from the code at the minute, but it's the update_all type command that's commented out at the top of the wowace.php module followed by die;


Am I doing something wrong? I may have since the SVN merge.
Last edited by MattM on Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby swampy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:58 am

I'll revert my local codebase to the svn original, Matt, but the 'double title' issue certainly rings bells. 5 mins and I'll confirm.


Edit: Confirmed. I get the menu shown twice,and no addons updated. Note that all the addons in the list existed in the uniadmin database prior to the upgrade if that makes a difference.
Last edited by swampy on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
<br /><a href="http://www.argentdawnexiles.org" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" title="http://www.argentdawnexiles.org" ><img src="http://www.argentdawnexiles.org/wowroster/sig/Jakob.png" style="border:0;" alt="" /></a><br />
User avatar
swampy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: UK

Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby foreseit » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:31 pm

swampy wrote:I'll revert my local codebase to the svn original, Matt, but the 'double title' issue certainly rings bells. 5 mins and I'll confirm.


Edit: Confirmed. I get the menu shown twice,and no addons updated. Note that all the addons in the list existed in the uniadmin database prior to the upgrade if that makes a difference.
forgive my stupidity...
I can't figure out what the status of this is. I see that there is an attachment somewhere in this post chain, but I couldn't figure out what to download/install or if this is even ready yet. Would somoene care to fill me in or make a easy accessible summary post?

Thanks!
<a href="thehateguild.com"><img src="/anetheron/addons/siggen/sig.php?name=Foreseit"></a>
User avatar
foreseit
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:03 pm

Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby lunzet » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 am

I would be very interested in such help also....and getting started on first testing.
User avatar
lunzet
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:23 pm

Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby Jabouty » Sat May 03, 2008 3:11 am

Is there a status on this as of yet?
Image
User avatar
Jabouty
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:22 pm

Automatic update of ACE2 addons / cronjob / Question

Postby boyo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:21 pm

So, any updates? I looked in the svn logs and saw there was some changes back in Feb. . i'm currently running the release version and was wondering if it's even worth me grabbing it off the svn to install...
boyo
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:37 am

Previous

Return to UniAdmin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 0 guests

cron