Some bugs

Helps with Argent Dawn's "Craftsman's Writ" quests

Moderator: Rihlsul

A Challenge to Coders: Argent Dawn Writ Calculator

Postby nightfighter » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am

Looks pritty good. Looking at the numbers, not sure if they calculate out right. I put in a 1 in for Craftsmans Writ: Brightcloth Pants and got:

Runecloth x180
Gold Bar x24
Ironweb Spider Silk x6
Rune Thread x6

in one place and twice that for total. Not sure why it is two time the quantity.

I then went and put 1 in Craftsmans Writ - Flask of Petrification and I got the right numbers in both places.

I am also not sure what the quantity column is for. Is that how many I have to make in one batch? How do you set that? Is this the quantity available already made by people? If so why does it multiply the quantity I enter by the other quantity to see how many need to be made?
Last edited by nightfighter on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: A Challenge to Coders: Argent Dawn Writ Calculator

Postby Rihlsul » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:14 am

nightfighter wrote:Looks pritty good. Looking at the numbers, not sure if they calculate out right. I put in a 1 in for Craftsmans Writ: Brightcloth Pants and got:

Runecloth x180
Gold Bar x24
Ironweb Spider Silk x6
Rune Thread x6

in one place and twice that for total. Not sure why it is two time the quantity.

I then went and put 1 in Craftsmans Writ - Flask of Petrification and I got the right numbers in both places.

Ah, Brightcloth Pants are one of those buggy professions items. If you search under Tailoring in Made By, I bet you'll find two copies of the recipe. I know I do on mine:
http://www.ironcladgathering.com/roster ... loth+Pants

I'll see if I can cope with that particular foible. I think I had with the subassemblies, maybe just not the top level item.

nightfighter wrote:I am also not sure what the quantity column is for. Is that how many I have to make in one batch? How do you set that? Is this the quantity available already made by people? If so why does it multiply the quantity I enter by the other quantity to see how many need to be made?

A breakdown of the quantities is a good idea and might as well (since I'm touching things) probably put some tooltips in with these:
  • Writ Name - Just the name of the writs you've selected
  • Writ Quantity - how many writs of that type. For example, you might have two "Craftsman's Writ - Runecloth Bag" and want to see the materials for two of them
  • Quantity - Each writ requires an item, for example Brightcloth Pants. The Quantity is how many of that item per writ are needed.
  • Reagents - Per 1 item, how many of each reagent is needed (to give a rough idea of the item's makeup
  • Who can make it - people in the roster with that recipe
  • Raw Materials - the calculator delves 3 levels deep to try to rule out all 'made' items (with special handling for leather) and give a listing of the gatherables

So, in the case of you having, say, 2 writs for Brightcloth Pants, you require 12 (2 writ qty * 6 qty) of them.

There were a lot of questions in there that I'm now sure how to tackle at this late hour, but I hope the explanation above helps.

If there are better column descriptions, I'm open to dialogues on that.
Rihlsul,
Guild Leader of The Dirty Hordes
Rihlsul
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Return to Writ Calculator