phpRaider + Joomla Bridge?

Joomla/Mambo integration forum

Postby Kastang » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:41 am

I am looking for a way to incorporate phpRaider into my Joomla site. I would like phpRaider to share its login with Joomla and also share a session with Joomla. phpRaider will be in a Wrapper on the main Joomla site. I am going to have registration disabled on phpRaider.

Is it possible to have phpRaider pull login information from Joomla registrations? Basically I dont want to have multiple logins for the whole site.

Thanks.
Kastang
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: phpRaider + Joomla Bridge?

Postby OpenCircuit » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:01 am

Kastang wrote:I am looking for a way to incorporate phpRaider into my Joomla site. I would like phpRaider to share its login with Joomla and also share a session with Joomla. phpRaider will be in a Wrapper on the main Joomla site. I am going to have registration disabled on phpRaider.

Is it possible to have phpRaider pull login information from Joomla registrations? Basically I dont want to have multiple logins for the whole site.

Thanks.

/bump?

Has anyone found anything out on this. I'm getting ready to dive in and do the same thing. I believe I can do it either on the backend for the DB using cron jobs... or hopefully on the code side directly editing the PHP files to pull from a different data source with a redesign on the authentication method.

I've researched a few CBconnectors, but have not tried any yet.
OpenCircuit
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby darkomen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:11 am

/Bump

Always looking for modules for joomla.
Last edited by darkomen on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkomen
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby BoaConstrictor » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:02 pm

phpRaider v1.1.0 will include a Joomla 1.0.x auth module.
Joomla 1.5 has a totally different session handling, so that module isn't working yet.
BoaConstrictor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby OpenCircuit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:05 am

There is an unofficial authentication module you can get from http://www.phpraider.com from their SVN (requires Charter Membership $18) but it works perfectly and easy to implement.

That is if you need a resolution soon and can't wait for v1.1.0 of phpraider.

It syncs users when they first visit phpraider, however, you have to manually delete the user from phpraider if they get removed / disabled from within Joomla. who cares though right? lol
OpenCircuit
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby BoaConstrictor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 pm

OpenCircuit wrote:It syncs users when they first visit phpraider, however, you have to manually delete the user from phpraider if they get removed / disabled from within Joomla. who cares though right? lol

You don't have to delete them from phpRaider, if Joomla doesn't let you in, then phpRaider won't even if your user is in phpRaider.

It's Joomla that decides who gets to log in.
That said, I haven't tried to disable a user, guess I have to try that when I get my environment back up.
BoaConstrictor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Joomla/Mambo