Poploot working on DF Forum ?

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby kiala » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to have poploot (www.poploot.com) working on my DF Forum. They have an installation information to make it work to a phpbb forum, i had tried to do the same (or equivalent) with the DF files, changing specificities for DF. But, the popup that must display the wow items is not working. This works while the page load, once the page finished loading, no popup displays for the image. Here is what i had do :
I had change the header.html (in DragonFly/themes/my_theme/template/forums) to insert the script call (instead the overall_header.tpl as they ask to do).
They ask after to insert code for the bbbutons in the /templates/my_theme/posting_body.tpl, i had do it in the /includes/nbbcode.php and /language/{MYLANG}/bbcode.php instead.
To finish, the ask to insert the code for the bbcode buttons in /includes/bbcode.php, i had do it in nbbcode.php as follows :

Code: Select all
#// [wow] and [/wow] for WoW object.
$patterns[] = "#\[wow\](.*?)\[/wow\]#si";
$replacements[]= '<script src="http://www.poploot.com/bbloot.php?obj=\\1" type="text/javascript"></script>'

This works, images appears in the posts by using [wow] bbcode, but the popup never displays when page finished loading (it displays if the page is loading, once load finish, nothing happens). I have tryied to see if the javascript is allowed, but not find anywhere to define it ?
Any ideas? I'm new in DF and bbcode.

Thanks for your help.

Kiala
kiala
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Poploot working on DF Forum ?

Postby tuigii » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:53 am

Your question is poploot related.

www.poploot.com says: go to www.lootup.com - because poploot.com will be stopping soon its activities.

On www.lootup.com, you'll have a, ahum, big HTTP 500 right now. But they show HOW to install for nearly every forum/CMS type HOW to install the needed bbcode (the wow /wow part) and how to include the needed JavaScript for managing the popup windows.

Your right that this JavaScript thing could be placed anywhere, but I advise you to stick to what they propose in their FAQ - and more important, to what they say in their support forum.

I use the code from lootup.com myself - using a phpbb2 forum (in the past) and now 2 e107 forums. It works...

I'll tell ypu something more if their server comes back again.

Btw: do I miss something here, because I don't understand how your question is WoWroster related ? True is that they all hassle with WoW Item ID codes - but any resemblance stops there :wink:
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby kiala » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi

I am using itemstats (found here, ported by Zanix for DF). It's why i had posted here, waiting maybe someone that knows where's the problem. I'am using wowroster in my site too.
I'm sorry for my post here, but i have tried all that i can, and nothing working, it's like DF prevents javascript to execute, or popup to open.
I had do all steps they say in the installation, i had changed specificities for DF Bbcode, images dispays, no popup opens.

Thanks and sorry again to post here.
kiala
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:03 am

Item stats has two modes
Inserting js and just the a link code so I know that inserting js in bbcode works

Try replacing the $replacements[] with this
Code: Select all
$replacements[]= '<script src="http://www\.poploot\.com/bbloot\.php\?obj=\\1" type="text/javascript"></script>';

tuigii wrote:Btw: do I miss something here, because I don't understand how your question is WoWroster related ? True is that they all hassle with WoW Item ID codes - but any resemblance stops there

Indeed, but it is wow based and if it's easy enough to solve, we try to help.
That's not saying we will help with any and all wow related software.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to Dragonfly