Explorer error retrieving XML data

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Postby PleegWat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:03 am

The 2 missing characters are probably characters with the same name as characters that are shown, but differently accented. WoW allows two characters like Keviel and Kevíel to exist. Roster does not, due to a mysql misconfiguration we're looking into.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby poetter » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:20 am

No, that would just explain missing characters, but keviel has to two additional characters on syncing all guild members than on the the memberlist update. That might come from characters uploaded via CP, which are protected, like the bank chars.

@keviel Do you have any protected guild ranks set ins AS config?

The update time per char of 1-2 minutes is pretty normal recently. Updating the same char once with page update and then with character update is not comparable without cleaning the cache.

The stops are interesting. That should not happen. Try turning ajax off. If there are any errors they should come up there.

Catching errors on ajax is very difficult somehow. That's related to the fact that roster is caching all output till the whole script is done. If the script got a critical error it just prints it out, what is missforming the xml output needed for ajax.

If anyone has a good idea how to catch errors without getting any output i'm quite interested.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Explorer error retrieving XML data

Postby Keviel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:44 am

I'll try checking that a bit more later on.

"Banker" was a protected title, but isn't anymore, and hasn't been since the last 3-4 attempted updates. I've removed all "protected" titles for now.

I'll check up on the Ajax thing later on, when my guests aren't here :-)
Keviel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Explorer error retrieving XML data

Postby Keviel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Another comment

If it protects the ones uploaded via CP, there's something screwy somewhere, since I have around 5-6 characters at the very least, which are uploaded via CP.

- hmmm, wait. I think the problem lies in the Armory. There's several members which don't show on the Armory as being my members, and 5-6 members as well, which still show as members even though they left 2-3 weeks ago. The Armory data is borked big time. Bleh - Blizzard you schmucks... - I recently updated the guildlist via GP/CP, which gave the correct list of course. Considering that, I think the character update is working the way it should - however the guildupdate is useless at the moment, since the data from the Armory is too old.
Keviel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Keviel » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Right - updated to SVN 1555. Cleared cache.

Ran Per Page without Ajax
Page keeps reloading itself in endless loop, making a TON of failed parses.

Ran Per Page with Ajax
Page keeps reloading itself in endless loop, making a TON of failed parses.

Ran Per Character without Ajax
Get blank screen with: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4104 bytes) in /home/.sites/24/site50/vsites/Keepers/web/roster/lib/cache.php on line 269

Ran Per Character with Ajax
Just stands there and does absolutely nothing on the first character. No indications of failed parses or anything - doesn't even manage to complain about a character parse.

It got from bad to worse it seems.
Keviel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated