New approach to functions.lib.php

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Re: New approach to functions.lib.php

Postby tuigii » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:24 am

Equisetum wrote:...(You EU ppl seem to have it working ok, I thought I could find a difference and troubleshoot myself)...

A couple of post lower in time, some one noted that the US Armory 'changed again'..... related ?
Equisetum wrote:...
open basedir is on
Any suggestions? Need more info?

Can you make this
open basedir is off
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby poetter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:34 am

I think the problem is the armory again. Today i had a lot of timeouts. Most updates took more than 90 secs, witch i far beyond the default 30 secs max_execution time. Some pages did not even load in the browser and the browser died

Well I'm thinking about rebuild AS to do the character updates in single steps. That means, i will do a reload for every single page. This won't solve the problem above, because a page that is not delivered will suck the whole update. But a least we can come around a slow armory with that. But all that will take time, because it is a bigger rebuild of AS.

BTW: It does'nt matter if you are using curl, fsock, have basedir_open or safe_mode on or off. The problem in every case is a slashdotted armory. Hope blizzard will improve the performance soon. But as long it is called beta i think no one at blizz cares.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Equisetum » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:36 am

A couple of post lower in time, some one noted that the US Armory 'changed again'..... related ?

Not sure about the related change in the US armory, that's why I tried it with EU to see if I could isolate it to the locale. Since I had the same problem on both, I think it's on my end somewhere...

Can you make this
Quote::
open basedir is off

I can't set open_basedir to off (host won't allow it), but they did offer to add a secondary path to this. The problem is I don't know what path to give them (only php coding I know is from working with wowroster, which isn't much at all.) If you know a path I can use, I'll be glad to try it. :D
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated