Mains/Alts

Scans for, and displays main/alt relations in your Guild

Moderator: PleegWat

Mains/Alts

Postby raithkell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:53 am

Hi guys...

I need some help please. This may pertain to an addon..sorry if it's misplaced, but I think it may have to do with the info that is grabbed during a basic Guild Update.

I am the Guild Leader, and the ONLY person that upkeeps the roster. The issues just started a few days ago that I noticed.

I have a few names that have been "coded" correctly forever as Main or Alt. are not correct when I use the main/alt to view them. One Main (Lexi)shows as an Alt (to her dads account lol) to a different Main, and a few of Lexi's alts are showing as Alts to his as well.

Here's the weird thing I'm seeing in the Update Log: "Manual or per-character entry" printed in yellow...on a lot of characters now.

What is that, and is it the reason the mains/alts are all screwy now?

Thank you for your assistance

Raith
Last edited by raithkell on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
raithkell
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Mains/Alts

Postby PleegWat » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:12 am

This is definitely misposted. If you're using the 2.0 beta (1.9.9) it should go in beta forums. Otherwise it should go in the altmonitor addon forums.

Either way, I'll need a site link.

The likely causes are that you enabled per-character update mode, or it always was on but those characters suddenly started uploading their data, or something/someone edited your DB.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Mains/Alts

Postby raithkell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:22 am

Hey PleegWat

I'm using WoWRoster v1.7.3

and our link is

Phoenix Dawn Roster

**those characters have been uploading their info for a while...never saw an issue

**where is the option for "per-character update mode"

**i did use once the wow armory update addon, but i believe the characters in question have since updated their rosters prior to this issue with them.

thanks for answering so quickly, and if it needs to be moved to the correct forum...cool
raithkell
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Mains/Alts

Postby PleegWat » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 am

whoo, been a while since I last handled then. Luckily, it isn't all that different internally from after the merge.

You're looking for the Update_Type column; you want to set it to guild updates only.

From the way you're describing the problem, it sounds like lexi and his/her dad are sharing an account, or are somehow merging their accounts into a single update. I'd guess at the former.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Mains/Alts

Postby raithkell » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:21 am

is it safe to just update to the new 2.0 version?

or what is this version 1.8 i see in the wiki documentation.
raithkell
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Mains/Alts

Postby PleegWat » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:46 am

Like I said, set 'Update Type" to guild updates only.
You can remove the contents of the roster_addons_altmonitor table, or uninstall and reinstall the addon, to get rid of the bad records.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to AltMonitor