Guild name a problem?

Installation issues with WoWRoster

Guild name a problem?

Postby conorknoxx » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:36 pm

error message: Could not find guild in database. Please update members first.Could not find Guild. GuildProfiler Addon not installed correctly?

I have seen this problem posted on several threads, and mostly seems to be a password error, or miss-spelling of the guild name/realm name.

I am 95% certain I have all these right - however - I do know that if you log into WoW, and do a /who or search for my guild, you don't get an "answer" (result is the same as leaving search field blank)

we are called "R O L E P L A Y E R S" - all caps, and spaces between each letter.

Could this be a problem?

(in fact, all I want from this is a the bag/bank inventory for 2 characters - so perhaps I am not using the "right tool for the job" ? )
conorknoxx
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild name a problem?

Postby Ulminia » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:18 am

There should be no issue just male sure in your lua that the guild name is saved as you inputed it in to the roster config
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Re: Guild name a problem?

Postby poetter » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:49 am

Have you set this guild as default in the upload rules?
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby conorknoxx » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:06 am

well...

I opened the lua file copy/pasted into the "guild config" (on the roster config menu page) the server name, and the guild name to be sure I had no typos.

I am assuming because the lua file is created directly from the server/addon that there cannot be "typos" in there.

I don't "think" there's any password problem, first because I used a very simple one (to get set up) - second, because using this same password, I can access all the config menus.

going to the roster/update.php and uploading the lua returns this:
Parsing files

Parsed CharacterProfiler in 0.13 seconds

Could not find guild in database. Please update members first.Could not find Guild. GuildProfiler Addon not installed correctly?

------------

going to the roster/index.php page, returns the following:

Could not find guild: 'R O L E P L A Y E R S' for server 'Kirin Tor'
You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuration

Click here for installation instructions
-------------

I guess part of what I'm trying to understand, is if, when the roster "runs" - it goes to some sort of WoW server or database (the actual Kirin Tor server? ) to get current guild info? If it does, I'm pretty sure this guild name is going to be a problem. (I noticed some options about "server status" - which is why I'm thinking it must retrieve some external data? - my "lua" file could not contain that...? )

However, if the script/queries/etc look solely and the sql database, then it must simply be something in my configuration/setup.

EDIT: also, I am using the roster config pages to do this "uploading" - not the uniuploader, as they 'seemed" to do the same thing? I'm not sure I entirely understand how to use the uniuploader in fact :oops: but should I be using this first/instead?
Last edited by conorknoxx on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
conorknoxx
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild name a problem?

Postby zanix » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:17 am

First, getting the Roster version number and a url to your roster, would be a good start

Second, be sure CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler are installed and enabled in WoW

Third, after checking if the addons are working correctly and you still cannot upload to Roster, post your CP.lua file (attach, do not paste the contents)

As for the process for uploads...

Roster accepts the CP file and checks the structure, and loops through the saved information
If the password is correct and the guild name matches what is stored in Roster, it allows the guild upload and stores the data in the lua file to the database

Realm status checks the server status page on worldofwarcraft.com and wow-europe.com
The one on wow-europe has been changed, so using realmstatus with EU realms currently doesn't work
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby conorknoxx » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:58 am

zanix wrote:... Second, be sure CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler are installed and enabled in WoW ...

GuildProfiler?

uh-oh.

:oops:

how did miss that?!!!
grrr...

*sticks head in a bucket of sand in shame*

gads! sorry if I have been a waste of time! I totally missed the guildprofiler - downloaded it, installed it, saved it.... uploaded the lua

IT WORKS!! (there were actually some "quest log errors".. but no biggie there)

well, this IS cool stuff!

Well, Thank you VERY much for your kind help and input folks! If nothing else, I hope someone else might find this a solution to a similar problem in the future.

*bows*
~ Conor
Last edited by conorknoxx on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
conorknoxx
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Installation