WowRoster 2.0 and mysql 4.0.20

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby Arkham21 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi,

I've seen that you don't provide support for installation with a mysql version less than 4.1.0.

I just want to know if there is a method to make the installation, for test, with mysql 4.0.20.

I'm in step 3 of the installation, and I can't finish it....

Can I make it manually ?

Thanks for your help.

PS : Excuse my bad english, I'm french...
Arkham21
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WowRoster 2.0 and mysql 4.0.20

Postby tuigii » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:05 am

Désolé, je n'ai pas la réponse directe pour toi, mais je te propose une modification de la description de ton problème :
Ce que tu demande revient à faire fonctionner un logiciel XP sur 98.....
Bien attendu, les éditeurs de WoWRsoter ont apporté des modifications dans le roster, pour 'simplifier' la programmation.

Entre autre, l'utilisation des nouvelles fonctionnes inexistant avant - l'utilisation de OOPS.

Donc une solution 'dans quelques lignes' n'existe pas.

Je te conseille vraiment de t'approcher de ta solution d'une autre façon : même gratuit, il existe des hébergeurs qui offre une version PHP+MySQL tout a fait convenable.

J'ai moi même une hébergeur qui ma balancé PHP 6.01 et MySQL 5.1 - j'ai refusé - c'est l'autre extrémité : -) .
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby PleegWat » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:28 am

There is an important SQL construct, subqueries, which is only possible with mysql 4.1 and higher. There are several places in roster where we used to have extra queries and php constructs which have been replaced by a single subquery, allowing a sizable speed increase in all cases. Coding for 4.0 compatibility and maintaining the speed increase on 4.1+ is not feasible.

The version check is in install.php. You have to change the version number it is checking against from 4.1 to 4.0

Installations on systems that do not meet the version requirements are not eligible for support.

EDIT: Made the hack-installer-to-work more vague, so hopefully only people knowning what they can get into can apply it. More clear instructions by other people will be obfuscated or deleted.
Last edited by PleegWat on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: WowRoster 2.0 and mysql 4.0.20

Postby glumlord » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:28 am

PleegWat wrote:There is an important SQL construct, subqueries, which is only possible with mysql 4.1 and higher. There are several places in roster where we used to have extra queries and php constructs which have been replaced by a single subquery, allowing a sizable speed increase in all cases. Coding for 4.0 compatibility and maintaining the speed increase on 4.1+ is not feasible.

The version check is in install.php, line 554. Replace '4.1' by '4.0'.

Installations on systems that do not meet the version requirements are not eligible for support.

My server is also running SQL Version 4.0.20

I tried to make the change quote above and still cannot get past step 3.

I will talk to my ISP to see if they can upgrade the server to a newer version of SQL, but any idea why making the change you suggested wouldn't fix the issue?

Thanks!
Last edited by glumlord on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
glumlord
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:38 pm

It's not a change. It's a hack that should allow it to install. If it doesn't, you'll have to track it on your own.

To reiterate, the change WILL NOT make roster work on your mysql version. Roster WILL complain about invalid sql statements. These complaints WILL NOT be accepted as bugs.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Archived