Roster_2.0b Install Problems

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby DarthLukan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:26 am

I have downloaded and unpackaged the appropriate roster 2.0b files as well as the image packs necessary for install. I uploaded the folder keeping the tree intact to my site at ftp://the-rota.com. I'm browsing to the roster folder (it ends up at www.the-rota.com/worldofwarcraft/roster) in order to start the installation script with "install.php" as per the installation instructions, I end up with errors. The most notable one is 404 Not Found. I have gone through the FTP folder and set all permissions as appropriate but I end up not even being able to start the install script, so I can't even get to the screen as seen in your wiki with my php version and such. I am not the owner of the website (www.the-rota.com) I am simply the guild master trying to make the webpage. However, the owner of the domain is a friend of mine and he has given me the password and login to the world of warcraft directory structure (outlined above) so that I have all the necessary access to the site without being able to destroy unrelated portions such as the Counter-Strike Clan forums and such.

I am using a very slow internet connection as I am deployed to Iraq right now, but I am able to remove and re-upload the folders/files as necessary, it just takes a little more time. Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Brian
DarthLukan
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:38 am

The default page set in the web server config probably isn't set for index.php

I get a folder view when going to your url
And looking at the folder, you don't have most of the files uploaded
In fact, you only have folders uploaded it seems

And the installer runs form index.php, not install.php

The Interface folder should be in the img folder too
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Roster_2.0b Install Problems

Postby DarthLukan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:43 pm

Ok so I got with my friend who owns the server/host and it turned out that the account that he gave me to add/modify content on the site did not have every permission needed (for security purposes) I was able to go through the installation and it loads up just fine now, I just need to upload my guild info via the .lua files now.

Now to get my uniuploader to upload directly to the site *runs to control panel*
DarthLukan
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Archived