How to report problems with ArmorySync

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Postby poetter » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi,

as messages like "It doesn't work. help me!" are increasing recently, here is a list of infos i need to help you:

First off all. Before you post your problem here, read this forum section. May be your problem was already reported or even fixed.

Don't steal any topics. If some one is reporting problem A in HIS thread and you post your problem B in the same one it is kind of confusing. Open a new topic if you don't have the exact same problem.

To analyze a problem i need:

1. WoWRoster Version
2. ArmorySync Version
3. Update setting (per page/character)
4. Fetch timeout
5. Reload wait time
6. Using Ajax?

GIVE ME ALL YOUR ERROR MESSAGES. IF YOU HAVE A AJAX PROBLEM POST A SCREENSHOT. I AM NO CLAIRVOYANT! DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WHERE DOING AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

In cases related to a special char or guild i will additionally need

1. Charname
2. Guildname
3. Server
4. Region

If you don't want to post them here officially PM me.

In some cases it is useful to know the environment you are running. This infos will be:

1. Server OS
2. Webserver and Version
3. PHP Version
4. MySQL Version

I'm sorry, but i will ignore all "It doesn't work. help me!" messages in the future if they do not contain a minimum of infos i need for debugging. My time is limited. I've got a job, a family and a raid guild. Answering "It doesn't work. help me!" with "Give me more infos" is annoying.
Last edited by poetter on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby PleegWat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:59 am

[quote=poetter]Open a new topic if you don't have the exact same problem.[/quote]

My armory isn't syncing. Neither is his. Obviously we have the same problem.

Usually in my experience the better way is to just tell people to always start a new topic if they can't fix the problem with the information already available. Especially with an addon like armorysync (or altmonitor) where every problem imaginable will have the same symptom.

Your call though.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated