Realmlist shows up when trying to enter config?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Sykokaj » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:28 pm

A few days ago I installed a new Roster. Completely clean install and it seems to be working as it should. But yesterday, and again today I noticed something really odd (and I think I saw this once on another install of Roster, though it went away when I did a relog).

I click Roster Config and it asks me for my admin password. I type it, and it shows the admin menu to the left, and in the middle it shows what I'm guessing is the Blizzard realm info list. But it also breaks the menu, so I cant change any settings. I noticed this yesterday when I wanted to tweak a few things from work - but didnt think much of it. But when I tried again when I got home, the same problem showed its ugly head. Later config worked as it should.

Today at work, I get the same error again. And I cant for the love of all that is holy figure out why its doing it.

I've attached a screenshot of the problem. If this has been adressed somewhere Im sorry for posting - but my search didnt give me any results.
Attachments
roster_error.gif
Weird realmlist error when clicking Roster Config
roster_error.gif (125.58 KiB) Viewed 581 times
/Khay
Sykokaj
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby AnthonyB » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:13 pm

Please read the "Forum Rules - Posting Guidelines" post about providing sufficient information when posting a problem if you need more help.

A URL link to your Roster would be extremely helpful!

Anyway, it looks like your Realm Status is broken on your main page as well. What you're seeing on the Roster Config page was just more error spew over what would have been the actual config stuff which is kinda odd...

Did this all happen when the servers were down for maintenance? It looks like your system didn't handle the server down condition.

Even now when I go look at your site (I had to zoom into the screenshot to get the URL :( ) your realm status has a question mark.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: Realmlist shows up when trying to enter config?

Postby Rihlsul » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:11 pm

I also looked. Discovered a couple interesting things:

1) I was able to look at his Roster Diag without actually having to enter anything into the "Roster Diag Authorization" form. New bug?

2) Under the roster diag, the realm status variables are like so:
realmstatus_url http://www.wow-europe.com/en/serverstatus/index.html
realmstatus Mazrigos
rs_mode Off

Is your config page still dead? If so, can you open your mysql and modify rs_mode and realmstatus?
Rihlsul,
Guild Leader of The Dirty Hordes
Rihlsul
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Sykokaj » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:24 pm

Rihlsul wrote:I also looked. Discovered a couple interesting things:

1) I was able to look at his Roster Diag without actually having to enter anything into the "Roster Diag Authorization" form. New bug?

2) Under the roster diag, the realm status variables are like so:
realmstatus_url http://www.wow-europe.com/en/serverstatus/index.html
realmstatus Mazrigos
rs_mode Off

Is your config page still dead? If so, can you open your mysql and modify rs_mode and realmstatus?

It was working a few hours ago, and I changed a few settings (what to show, links to download of the addons, nothing major) but now its back to the error.

Sorry I didnt post more info, but since the error only showed up when I entered my adminpassword I didnt think it was important to write an URL. From a normal users viewpoint, Roster works perfectly. But its true, now that I think about it that the Realm Status indicator never worked for this install.

I'm rather at a loss here, because I run another guildsite at the same ISP, and everything works as it should there.

But yes, I can change the settings directly in the database - just not sure what you would want me to change realmstatus and rs_mode to?
/Khay
Sykokaj
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rihlsul » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:04 pm

Try just one at a time, see if either help:

In roster_config, change rs_mode to 1 (on)

Same table, change realmstatus to [blank]. That's an override value and may not be needed (possibly is causing the issue?).
Rihlsul,
Guild Leader of The Dirty Hordes
Rihlsul
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Xalomon » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:19 pm

I had exactly the same problem after changing the display mode to DIV container. Changed rs_mode back to 1 and the problem was solved.
Xalomon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Sykokaj » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:21 am

Changing rs_mode to 1 worked. Thanks. :)
/Khay
Sykokaj
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby GuaRRand » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:31 pm

Had the same problem, changed it back to 1 and voila.

But... still the realmstatus says: "No Status Source"
GuaRRand
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback