General Question about Germany special Typos

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

General Question about Germany special Typos

Postby Helm » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:00 pm

Hello,
we have a european Guild with Members from England, French, Germany, Spain, Dans...etc. etc u get the Point.

I started wowroster 1.7 2 weeks ago to give us a better overview of Guildbank and Recipies. While in Guildbeta Status i realised that some Problems and errors are related to special german Typos like ö ä ü and ß. After i deleted the entries with these Typos from the Database manually, I didnt received anymore Error Messages. Ofc still containing double Items thanks to different Clients Uploads.

Now I am wondering, if these Typos making Problems to communicate to the MySQL Database, why can German Guilds use it without any errors (like some Friends from Cowabunga)
Is it possible that the Problems i had (i.E. Keys showed me only a error Message something wrong in roster x line 1...), are a combination of using different clients and öäü? Or simply that PPL used more then 1 Language Client?

I know this is more a technical Question and not direct wowroster related, but if anyone has a simply explanation i wud be more then happy to hear it.

thx in Advance
Cosmo: Who else is going to change the world, Marty? Greenpeace?
Helm
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback