Group Calendar issue

Sync your member list to Simple Machines Forum

Moderator: boyo

Group Calendar issue

Postby fadedroses » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:08 pm

SMFSync is working beautifully except I'm having difficulty with the calendar updating. I just can't get it to populate any data in the SMF calendar with the groupcalendar.lua file.

In the SMFSync config in Roster, I have it enabled and the permission level is set to Guild.
In SMF, I have quite a few membergroups set to create/edit calendar events including administrator and most guild ranks.
Which membergroup is it actually using to create events anyway?

The return I get from updating is this:

Parsing files

* Parsed CharacterProfiler in 0.35 seconds
* Parsed GroupCalendar in 0.02 seconds

Any help would be greatly appreciated since my guild relies heavily on the groupcalendar addon and our website is SMF-based.

Thanks so much!
fadedroses
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Group Calendar issue

Postby niagairt » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:06 pm

fadedroses wrote:SMFSync is working beautifully except I'm having difficulty with the calendar updating. I just can't get it to populate any data in the SMF calendar with the groupcalendar.lua file.

In the SMFSync config in Roster, I have it enabled and the permission level is set to Guild.
In SMF, I have quite a few membergroups set to create/edit calendar events including administrator and most guild ranks.
Which membergroup is it actually using to create events anyway?

The return I get from updating is this:

Parsing files

* Parsed CharacterProfiler in 0.35 seconds
* Parsed GroupCalendar in 0.02 seconds

Any help would be greatly appreciated since my guild relies heavily on the groupcalendar addon and our website is SMF-based.

Thanks so much!

I am having the same problem, any fix for this
Rogues may do it from behind, but mages do it hard and fast.
niagairt
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Group Calendar issue

Postby Dominoid » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:36 pm

And me too. It goes on to "processing files" and finishes with seemingly nothing done with the information. I've spent all day adding WoWroster, which, whilst a very nice system, I hadn't planned on using, purely so I could get this addon to update the calender and it seems to be doing nothing at all. perhaps it needs updating for the new version of group calendar?
Dominoid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Group Calendar issue

Postby Calystos » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Dominoid wrote:And me too. It goes on to "processing files" and finishes with seemingly nothing done with the information. I've spent all day adding WoWroster, which, whilst a very nice system, I hadn't planned on using, purely so I could get this addon to update the calender and it seems to be doing nothing at all. perhaps it needs updating for the new version of group calendar?

Not sure on that one, but my friends are using Group Calendar v4.1 (latest version) an the info is being uploaded to their roster system (v2.0) without problems.

Might as well update to the newest builds, always a good idea. An also are you making sure your settings in-game are right for it? IE, can you view upcoming events/etc in-game okay? If not then its not storing the data right or something, or the settings are incorrect.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Group Calendar issue

Postby Dominoid » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:02 am

I'm using the latest versions of roster and SMFsync as downloaded from thsi site this morning, Group Calendar 4.1 and SMF 1.1.15. I've tried setting permission to upload to all levels including public and still no joy. I can see events are in the lua file, and it seems to get the lua file just fine, but nothign seems to be done with it at all. any idea what may cause this?
Dominoid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to SMFSync