Event Calendar for Roster 2.0

With this addon you'll be able to view planned events from GuildEventManager or GroupCalendar

Moderator: PoloDude

Event Calendar for Roster 2.0

Postby Lyco » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:45 pm

This attachment does not work it is for any wr addon developers who want to try to take the challenge of converting it over to 2.0. I already have the install.def.php written but you can add to it if you would like I wanted to find a way to change from GEM to GroupCalendar from rostercp but didnt get around to it. Please try to get this going guys i know i will keep trying. The addon installs into Roster 2.0 but when you go to it from the menu you get fatal errors and stuff like that.
Lyco
Attachments
eventcalendar2.rar
For any developers wanting to try to update this to 2.0
(318.69 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Last edited by Lyco on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Event Calendar for Roster 2.0

Postby tuigii » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:00 am

DId you have a look at this list : Forum Index › 3rd-party AddOns and Mods › Event Calendar

You find this post : Event Calendar - GEM2 addon update for SVN 1.9.9.x (just next to yours)

Your included rar file IS the 'old' roster version 1.7.3 Event Manager - you really don't need to convert it - it's done already.
You can see a running version in my port mentionned above - there is a link to roster of my Guild.
It 'seem to' work for my - and its being test-driven by 2 Guilds right now.

One last thing : These two Guilds are using GuildEventManager 2.282 - not Event Manager - I'll have a look at this in the near future.

I release when things look stable.
Last edited by tuigii on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Lyco » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:49 am

No it is the old 1.7.3 Event Calendar addon which used either GEM or Group Calendar to parse the events. I wanted to get this version to 2.0 so that i could use it I use Group Calendar for my guild signups and i really dont think your port supports the parsing of Group Calendar
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby tuigii » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Lyco wrote:No it is the old 1.7.3 Event Calendar addon which used either GEM or Group Calendar to parse the events...

And that's the one I converted to 1.9.9.xxx

The fileformat that is imported didn't change, for that the WoW addon has to change (GEM, Event Calandar). I didn't do that.
I changed the parser (update_hook.php) so it takes in account the settings in the admin section (canal names, etc) and stream lined the code somewhat. A lot of sanity checks where build in.

Understand that I used the exactly the files exactly you showed in the rar above, to make a runnable 1.9.9.xxx version.

I'll get back on the "Group Event Calendar".
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to Event Calendar