PvP Log suggestions

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

PvP Log suggestions

Postby mccarlson » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:24 am

Hi, I downloaded and installed PvP log a few days ago and I just have to say I really wish I knew about this mod 2 years ago! I world pvp a lot and this is just a sweet addon.

If I may suggest some improvements to PvPlog:

Make the PvP list (/pl pvp) sortable by date & time (last 24 hours, or %hours/days/month). Also make it sortable by player name, guild name, wins & losses and class. Being able to copy and paste info from that screen would be a nice way to share your kill ratio with friends/guild.

PvPlog has not been updated on curse.com for some time. With these simple changes I think it would make the top downloaded list fairly quickly. I have looked for a mod that does just what this one does for a long time but for some reason couldn't find it until now. I love it and thanks for making it! :D
mccarlson
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PvP Log suggestions

Postby zanix » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 am

Moved to the pvplog support forum
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

PvP Log suggestions

Postby starfish » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:45 pm

I would also like to see if possible, overall battleground states win/loses
example:-

Battleground --->Won - Lost
Alterac Valley ---->9 - 21
Arathi Basin ------>3 - 11
Warsong Gulch--->2 - 13
Eye of the Storm-->0 - 0
2v2 Arena--------->0 - 0
3v3 Arena--------->0 - 0
5v5 Arena--------->0 - 0

I guessing this is possible(ish) as its seems to be collected via the WR_KillingFields.lua that I upload to the wow census site. http://www.warcraftrealms.com

Cheers :)
Last edited by starfish on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
starfish
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PvP Log suggestions

Postby bsmorgan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:05 am

I'm glad you like this version of PvPLog!

The PvPLog UI stuff was written by a another previous author and my understanding of it is minimal. While I would love to see the changes you suggest, my current knowledge of the UI part of WoW isn't sufficient to accomplish this task. The PvPLog UI code is separated from the main code and I would be willing to work with someone to create a better interface.

The version of PvPLog on Curse is very old and was placed there by a long since lost author / maintainer. I have no control over that entry at all so I can't post new versions. I have posted comments indicating that PvPLog's home is here and it will stay here exclusively for the forseeable future.

PvPLog was originally designed to handle world PvP (only, before there were battlegrounds and arenas). It was crippled severely by WoW 2.0 but managed to heal to its current state. Duels were added but don't fit well with the redesign needed for 2.4 and may be removed.

The arena and battlefield interfaces are completely separate from the combat log and targeting interfaces used by PvPLog. I believe adding record keeping for them is beyond the scope of PvPLog, and would best be served by other addons.

Regards,

Brad
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Return to PvPLog