Problems with the Roster

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Problems with the Roster

Postby jimmylee7706 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm

My problem is that when I update my profile my quests don't show up http://prettyplate.net/wow/apps/roster/ ... ion=quests
I make sure to open the quest log before I save with profiler but still nothing, also my guild bank doesn't work and I can't figure out how to fix it, if someone with knowledge of this would please look at what I have and help me it would be greatly appreciated.

**Update ok I fixed the Quest Log problem but still having problems with the guild bank**
Last edited by jimmylee7706 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylee7706
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Problems with the Roster

Postby zanix » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:21 am

The guild bank must be configured to pick up certain players that are listed as a 'bank' member
Configure this in Roster Config

Also, any members listed as bank character must upload their characterprofiler data as well

There is also a guildvault addon for 1.7.3 that will pick up items in the in-game vault
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Problems with the Roster

Postby jimmylee7706 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:37 am

I kinda got something to show up, but when I click Guild Bank it shows my characters inventory instead, and I have the GuildVault Add on installed but when I click it i get

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/prettypl/public_html/wow/apps/roster/addons/guildvault/includes/lib_functions.php on line 240
No guildbank Data. Please update your Guild.
jimmylee7706
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Problems with the Roster

Postby zanix » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:44 am

Dunno about the vault addon, nefuh makes it

And the guild bank addon is supposed to show the inventory for characters marked as 'bank' characters
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Problems with the Roster

Postby Nefuh » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:55 am

Hey jimmylee7706,

get the latest version 10 from my guildvault addon. There a many changes (even when uploading data) so it could be, that your problem is fixed in the latest version.

If not, make a post in this subforum http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewforum/f=120.html with a detail description what happened.

Nefuh
Administrator of the german User2User Community for WoWRoster.
Guild Master from Scum from Hell - Horde @ EU-Anetheron.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Problems with the Roster

Postby sonic76 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:28 pm

WHen i click on my name, it doesn't bring up my information...
It doesn't show any health or any gear..
http://www.hordesyndicate.net/roster - Character is Devalin, Captain...
In game, when i click Save it says is saves everything but I can't find an updated .lua file to upload? Am I just doing it wrong? Looking in \wtf\account\accountname\savedvariables

Thanks
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Problems with the Roster

Postby zanix » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:38 am

Are you using Windows Vista?
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: Problems with the Roster

Postby sonic76 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:41 pm

zanix wrote:Are you using Windows Vista?

Yes unfortunately.
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sonic76 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:02 am

zanix wrote:Are you using Windows Vista?

I installed the addon on my windows machine, and now it doesn't even make a characterprofile.lua file in my saved variables folder?

Does this still work post 2.4 patch?

Ed: i did try /gp export to force it...it shows up on screen showing my character/guild info but I just can't fin the characterprofile.lua file.
Last edited by sonic76 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Problems with the Roster

Postby PleegWat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:20 am

If you're running wow as a normal user (not administrator), vista redirects the SV files to a location under your user directory. I don't know where exactly.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby sonic76 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

PleegWat wrote:If you're running wow as a normal user (not administrator), vista redirects the SV files to a location under your user directory. I don't know where exactly.

Its under Appdata\Local, or Appdata\roaming, but both places do not have a characterprofile.lua

I searched the whole computer and only found the 1 lua file under the WTF\accountname\savedvariables folder.
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sonic76 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:30 am

sonic76 wrote:
PleegWat wrote:If you're running wow as a normal user (not administrator), vista redirects the SV files to a location under your user directory. I don't know where exactly.

Its under Appdata\Local, or Appdata\roaming, but both places do not have a characterprofile.lua

I searched the whole computer and only found the 1 lua file under the WTF\accountname\savedvariables folder.

Ok on XP Machine, I checked again and there was a character profile, i uploaded to the site and now EVERYTHING IS THERE! I will figure out what my vista boxis doing. .. thanks!
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sonic76 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:21 am

sonic76 wrote:
sonic76 wrote:

Ok on XP Machine, I checked again and there was a character profile, i uploaded to the site and now EVERYTHING IS THERE! I will figure out what my vista boxis doing. .. thanks!

I spoke too soon! I got everything to update, once...but now it doesn't seem to overwrite or update the file...it shows up on screen like it ddoes but the data isn't right after i upload... and on windows vista, the file doesn't show up anywhere I searched the entire PC>..
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sonic76 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 am

sonic76 wrote:
sonic76 wrote:
sonic76 wrote:

I spoke too soon! I got everything to update, once...but now it doesn't seem to overwrite or update the file...it shows up on screen like it ddoes but the data isn't right after i upload... and on windows vista, the file doesn't show up anywhere I searched the entire PC>..

OK! i have figured it out...I found the file on my vista box. I deleted it, then ran save again, and it made a new file...

So it appaears the add on won't update the file? permissions issue? something i need to modify perms wise?

Ideas?
sonic76
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback