Problem uploading and viewing pvplog data

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

Postby akiko » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:57 am

Hello,

I have 2 problems. The first is i can't upload a file bigger then 800kb. Ok as far as i read it could be a problem with the memory that is set in php.ini. But the other problem is that when i hit the button pvplog in the char screen, i get the same error now.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /var/www/*****/roster/lib/wowdb.php on line 136

So i cant view anything anymore. With other chars on it there is no problem, they can be viewed without a problem.

As far as i can make the problem out it seems to be a problem in the script that limits the file sizes. I could be wrong. But on a different site i build myself im able to view databases of more then 50mb without memory problems, thats why i dont think its the server itself but a limit in the script.

I hope someone knows a sollution for it. Thanks for your time.
akiko
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 am

memory_limit in php.ini is set way too low
Try raising it to 32mb
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby PleegWat » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Viewing a database or a flat file is a completely different issue - WoWRoster uses many times the actual filesize when processing it. A database isn't completely in PHP memory while it's being processed.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Problem uploading and viewing pvplog data

Postby tuigii » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm having this problem also.

Character : http://www.papy-team.fr/roster/index.ph ... fo&a=c:113

His Battle fields record : http://www.papy-team.fr/roster/index.ph ... bg&a=c:113

After som trial and error I discovered that this character is actually doing just 1 thing in WoW : Duels, Arenas and Battle grounds.
This lvl 64 hunter just loves to smack 70++, and believe me, it's a strong player. Many 70 just byte dust - he really hasn't made any friends at the Horde side :)
In the pvp database table, he has more then 6000 record.
A simple SELECT on this guys yields more then 6000 in memory, bring my webserver to it's knees :?

Me having a 20 $ server a year, with 32 Mb fixed memory size (php.ini isn't avaible for me) hitting the sealing of the capacity of the server.

I think I gona have to patch the PVP addon somewhat so it gives back only the latest 3000 records on a SELECT.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to PvPLog