website ==> WoW?

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

website ==> WoW?

Postby mc_k » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:00 pm

i already used the searchfunction, yet couldnt find anything that matches my question...

well, browsing through the options of uniuploader i saw this pretty handy feature..
could solve one of the main problems of the wowaddon "groupcalendar" in combination with the rosteraddon "eventcalendar"

groupcalender synchronizes via (for example) guildchannel between members that are online..
when you integrate "eventcalendar" into roster, you also get the raidinfos made ingame on your roster..

now, the main problem with groupcalender is: when guildmember "A" is online and wants for example to join a raid that is available in the groupcalender and logs then off, guildmember "B" that was not online at that time (and noone else was around to log/synchronize with member "A") wont have any idea that member "A" already inserted himself into the raidplan..(the info that member "A" is now in the raidgroup is only visible on the website via eventcalendar)

now...IF member "B" could get the data from the website BEFORE he logs on, he could also see member "A" as a raidmember

->
now.. what file/address do i have to put exactly in the addressline of the website ==> WoW option to get the correct sv?
by trying to fill in the url to the website of the eventcalendar i got a groupcalendar.lua that looked pretty much like the sourcecode of the site if written in plain html..
doesnt seem to work that way ;)
sooo.. if website ==> WoW just copies the contents of what it finds in the given url... should i set uniuploader also to upload groupcalendar.lua also in a blank folder (http://sitename.com/folder/ ) simultanously to the http://sitename.com/upload.php and get it afterwards from there?
i really dont get how this function is supposed to work.. :? (and i dont want to mess anything up (never touch a running system, yknow?))
mc_k
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

website ==> WoW?

Postby Ulminia » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 am

somthing like this is possable zanix has mention lua creation but i havent seen it yet ial do some work looking for the info on it and see what i can pull up and eventcalendar at the moment will not function so well with groupcalendar so i had to make one for my guild see Here! and has come nice features like this

[imgurl url=http://ulminia.zenutech.com/WOWBETA/index.php?p=guild-GroupCalendar&a=g:1]http://ulminia.zenutech.com/WOWBETA/index.php?p=guild-GroupCalendar&a=g:1&today=true[/imgurl]

i mesaged the maker of eventcalendar asking if he wanted my phazer code but he declined i guess or dident reply so once i have the bugs worked out ial be posting the addon here for all to use but in the mean time ial see about exporting data
Last edited by Ulminia on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

website ==> WoW?

Postby zanix » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:33 am

I would have UU set to delete the groupcalendar file (PURGEFIRST) then have roster generate a new one to be used (DOWNLOADBEFOREWOWL)

Roster 2.0's lua class can convert a multi-dimensional array into a lua array, if this helps any
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

website ==> WoW?

Postby mc_k » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

@ ulminia: nice one.. calendar-style was really the way i wanted this addon to show up for my guildies..
keep us informed ;)

@ zanix: mhh...ive been using 1.7.3 till now...
this means -if i get you right- that i should delete/clear the contents of(?) (havent used this function before) the groupcalendar.lua (@ wow) by using the download method..
okay...
download before wow load..
mhh...
but i still dont get what you mean by converting the existing array (the one shown by eventcalendar?) to a lua one..

ill first install 2.0 for testing..hope ill find out

or.. is there any way to make uu simply upload a lua-file just the way it is? for example into a folder?

[edit] installed 2.0, configured it and looked for your mentioned option.. yet i havent found anything.. :(
Last edited by mc_k on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mc_k
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

website ==> WoW?

Postby Samadhi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:35 pm

I think what you'd need to do is write a php page that generates the lua output, which UU will then write to wherever you tell it. I haven't tried it with event calendar, but that's the approach I took to integrate with phpraider on my site.
Samadhi
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

website ==> WoW?

Postby zanix » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:47 am

lib/luaparser.php
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

website ==> WoW?

Postby MattM » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:21 am

It's cool to see people interested in this feature.

When I had the web->wow idea (about 3 years ago) I had made an "extended motd" addon for wow 1.x

It worked quite well in spite of how noobish the code was :P

a year or so afterwards i made a "lootpoints" addon which did used the feature to allow guildies to pull up their DKP on the fly during raids.
Last edited by MattM on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

website ==> WoW?

Postby MattM » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:27 pm

The way to accomplish this could be found here. Just some ideas.

mc_k wrote:(and noone else was around to log/synchronize with member "A")

A very interesting question.

One reason that it is interesting is because it hits the very root problem With these types of process interoperability, making 2 programs "talk" in full duplex with each other, requires an agreement when license borders hinder such agreement, and the fact that it seems stupid (and smart) in some situations, the unfordable time/money needed to formulate such agreement is not spent.

Options:

1. Create the program anyway. At least be smart enough to not try to make money off of the product, or or hinder one's income, or have even the slightest notion that someone will make less money (or more in some cases), because jail time will be prompt. Prompt due to the fact that you took a risky risk.

It may be that Code-Based Regulation could solve this "ass-crack of the planet" in the long run.

2. Have the client save a backup in his saved variables, and update the rest when logs back on. This case is weird because it works, until people make a post and never log back in or use the addon again. It also introduces a kind of "unknown lag" time between each node in the network.

A read only bridge is recommended. for case 2. A "Virtual Partition" between 2 forums kind of thing.

BTW IPC is one of my favorite concepts, but I know a formidable 1% of what could be IPC
Last edited by MattM on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to UniUploader