There was an error in addon Quest History in method update
Addon Messages:

Quest History

Extended Roster debug log gives the following:
Code: Select all
PHP Errors
addons\questhistory\inc\update_hook.php
  Notice line 88: Undefined index: QuestGuru_History
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Nefuh » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Ok i looked at the line you reported.

This line counts the number of quests stored in QuestGuru.lua.

Are you sure you´ve uploaded the correct file (NOT THE FILE IN /wtf/account/*your accountname*/SavedVariables)?

The correct file is located in:

*wowdir*/wtf/account/*your accountname*/*your realm*/*your character*/SavedVariables

Nefuh
Administrator of the german User2User Community for WoWRoster.
Guild Master from Scum from Hell - Horde @ EU-Anetheron.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: There was an error in addon Quest History in method upda

Postby AnthonyB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:20 am

OK.. that's not the path in the tooltip on the update page when you hover the mouse cursor over the blue question mark.

I've checked for the existence of a QuestGuru.lua in the path you've described, i.e. on my machine it is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\Proudmoore\Ransin\SavedVariables, and no QuestGuru.lua exists in that location.

The only QuestGuru.lua is in the path I loaded from, i.e. C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables, and the contents look correct.

Here is the contents of the QuestGuru.lua - http://pastebin.ca/954531

Just another point. Using the QuestGuru.lua from the 'non-standard' location will break UniUploader which is getting all Saved Variable file to upload from the 'standard' location.
Last edited by AnthonyB on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Nefuh » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:51 am

First please Edit your posting and delete your accountname.

I´ll look at the pastenbin.

Ok what version of QuestGuru are you using?

Maybe you have another version (maybe older than my version).

In my QuestGuru.lua (in the folder i´ve posted) there are many data foreach quest like description, rewards, honor, group, daily, ...
I´ve added one of my QuestGuru.lua (from my lowest char) to http://pastebin.ca/954568. This file is on german but you can see the structur.

The mouseover tooltip on the update page is generated by roster automaticly. I think it´s not possible to change this tooltip by a addon.

@Developers: If i´m wrong, please tell me how to set the tooltip to the right file location.

Nefuh
Last edited by Nefuh on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby zanix » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:50 am

The tooltip is hard coded
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby AnthonyB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:03 am

I'm using QuestGuru 0.8.7 which looks pretty recent given that most of the file dates are 16th March 2008.

Ahh... OK.. I've only been running it for 1 day and had only completed a quest while running it on one character - not the one I was originally looking for the SV for.

As previously mentioned, pulling a SV file from a location other than the standard location of *wowdir*\WTF\Account\*AccountName*\SavedVariables is going to cause a number of issues, e.g. tooltip pathing, UniUploader not able to auto-upload, etc. and therefore should be avoided.

Having now successfully manually loaded some Quest History data I can see that because of the way you've got the addon designed it can only be a manual upload as you have to go thru the process of (1) Upload data, (2) Choose Guild/Realm, (3) Choose Character, on every data upload?

If I've understood it correctly, this is going to inhibit all those people using UniUploader and jUniUploader to make it easy and automated for guild members to upload their data (and everything else those tools provide).

I appreciate you didn't write the WoW addoon QuestGuru and the problem really comes back to the addon dev to use the common SV location and just change the data file structure to include Realm, Guild, and Character details above all the quest data... i.e. similar to the data structure of CharacterProfiler

What do you think?
Last edited by AnthonyB on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Nefuh » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Yeah, at the moment only manual uploading is possible, because in the QuestGuru.lua there´s no information about the character the quests for.

One problem that comes with this update method is when 2 or more people update their data at the same time. On every update, the temporary table (where data will be stored, before assign to a character) will be cleared.

This is quite not so good but i can´t change it, until the developer of QuestGuru change the addon so that the structur is something like " *Realm* -> *Guild* -> *Character* -> *Questdata* ". Then i can get the needed information for Step 2 and 3 (assign Quests to a character) from the file. If the developer change the save location too, automatic update with UU oder jUU i think would be possible.

I´ve send the developer a message on curse.com and asked him if it is possible to make the changes.

Nefuh
Last edited by Nefuh on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby AnthonyB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Cool. I'll also send the dev a message and see if we can lobby him/her to change the data structure. :D
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby AnthonyB » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:54 pm

AnthonyB wrote:Cool. I'll also send the dev a message and see if we can lobby him/her to change the data structure. :D

OK, got a response as follows:

AnthonyB - The problem with storing all characters' data in a single file is that the game loads the entire file when you log in, which could result in very large memory usage for people, like me, who play multiple characters. Would it not be possible to modify the importing program to parse directories to find the file, and gather the realm and character names while it does it?

In response to the first part about having to load the whole file into memory, doesn't CharacterProfiler work the same way? Or does it only store what is scanned for that character and then commit the data to the CP.lua on logout? I'm trying to determine whether it is appropriate to respond with "CP.lua is regularly above 1MB in size and causes no problems"

WRT the 2nd part about getting UniUploader to scan multiple directories and fine the per-char SV files... this doesn't seem very practical to me. What are other peoples' thoughts?
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby PleegWat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm not sure about the memory usage stuff - I've got plenty myself. Regarding uploading individual SV files: It should be possible to mod UU to find them. However the realm/char names would still have to be in the SV file, since there's no interface for roster to accept these.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: There was an error in addon Quest History in method update

Postby AnthonyB » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:27 pm

PleegWat wrote:However the realm/char names would still have to be in the SV file, since there's no interface for roster to accept these.

The SV file unfortunately doesn't contain the realm or char name, although we could probably request these to be included without much issue.

Currently the only way to get this info is from the directory names that you would have to parse, e.g.
*wowdir*\WTF\Account\*accountname*\*REALM*\*CHAR_NAME*\SavedVariables

In other words, UU would have to scan all directories below *wowdir*\WTF\Account\*accountname* , EXCEPT the *wowdir*\WTF\Account\*accountname*\SavedVariables directory, looking for instances of QuestGuru.lua

Not ideal I know...
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: There was an error in addon Quest History in method update

Postby Calystos » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Hmm, I can probably mod the addon to change its variables settings a bit. I'll look into it anyways, just incase, :-)

*EDIT* Forgot to mention, I keep track on the SVN an its not been updated in ages. Last official update was 16th May, 2008. An since this is the official SVN, am wondering if he's retired off it or something. I've not heard anything more for ages about this.

Okay, the last version of QuestGuru was 0.9.4. I can mod it to include the settings if you just tell me how you want it to store those settings. Then of course we'd have to have the uploader updated to check for those sorts of settings an then adjust the upload path accordingly.

*EDIT* Okay, its doable in the addon, very easy to do.

Atm, I've made it very simple in ref to the data it stores. Let me know exactly what you want from it an I can change it accordingly.

Here is what the bit in the *wowdir*\WTF\Account\*accountname*\SavedVariables\QuestGuru.lua says now...

QuestGuru_Locations = {
   ["Servernamegoeshere"] = {
      ["PlayerName"] = "youractualplayernamegoeshere",
   },
   ["Anotherservernamegoeshere"] = {
      ["PlayerName"] = "youractualplayernamegoeshere",
   },
}

Would this be adequate enough or do you want something different?

Either way let me know an I'll fix it an archive it up for you lot to grab.

*EDIT* Was just thinking that maybe instead of the above I could get it to store the path to the actual file we need to upload. EG: Instead of the ["PlayerName"] bit it could have ["QuestGuru_Path"] which store in it the full path.

["QuestGuru_Path"] = "\WTF\Account\*accountname*\*REALM*\*CHAR_NAME*\SavedVariables\QuestGuru.lua",

For example, what with accountname being the account name of course, an likewise REALM and CHAR_NAME being correct too. :-) Course these are just some ideas, let me know whats the best course of action, :-)
Last edited by Calystos on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Return to Quest History