DF, Roster and Blizzard's Event Calendar

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby Tcheekin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:57 am

I'm posting this here because although it may not be directly tied to Roster, the people that would be interested (if any) would be here ... and there are possibilities. This may be better located in the 3rd party area but I will leave that to the forum deities ... Please moderate as needed :)

Blizzard keeps a fairly clean calendar of in-game events on their website. At the same time, there is a new "News" module in Roster with v2.0 that could easily be used for calendaring (huzzah on 2.0 guys). Finally, there is a 3rd party Roster addon that sync's with GEM (and maybe GC soon). Has anyone raised the point of somehow tying some things together? If not the Roster module, maybe a GEM with Blizzard Event Calendar tie in? Forgive any "can't do that" due to Blizzevent not having subscription abilities or capable of exporting XML/data for manipulation ... I'm an ignorant person when it comes to code :)

What I envision would be either the News part of Roster and/or the GEM addon providing (optional) information directly sync'd from the Blizzard Event Calendar on top of its own capabilities. We have a lot of guildmates that show up for RAIDs but always miss the Darkmoon Faire :)

Two Cents anyone?
Daffy Blokes - Spreading unseriousnessness since Closed Beta :)

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Fear the Bunny - www.Daffyblokes.net
Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Your looking for somthing liek thsi Group Calendar this one uses Group Calendar lua's to load the data i also added the Instance resets for our guild so thay know whats happaning adding pvp and other events should not be hard but possable one issue with blizzards event calendar its not xml based witch is an issue so use of other sites with the same info are needed lol
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Postby Tcheekin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Aye, I've used Group Calendar in the past, so I'm familiar with it (using Combine *Ace mod* now) but I was looking for something that tied the Blizzard's ingame events into the calendar as well.

one issue with blizzards event calendar its not xml based witch is an issue

That was what I was afraid of ... no real way to draw information from the Blizzard calendar to import into another one, correct? You'd need a third party event calendar, in essence, someone who manually updated a database/calendar based on what Blizzard posted from which you could pull information off of. Well, thanks for verifying the concept, I do appreciate it :)
Daffy Blokes - Spreading unseriousnessness since Closed Beta :)

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Fear the Bunny - www.Daffyblokes.net
Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:07 am

yes i will look arround and see what i can find maynee i will eb able to find something and addit to my addon and release it here lol
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Return to Dragonfly