Installation -- I'm gonna cry

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Peams » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:06 am

Okay, I'm a girl. I'm gonna cry. Someone help me quick!

I use Frontpage normally to do my site (www.ktsh.co.uk) and i want to add roster to it (it looks so cool!), but i can't get it to work.

I've gone into my webhost control panel and i've manually uploaded EVERY file that Roster has, keeping everything in the correct folder etc. its located (in full) in my public folder, yet when I come to do www.ktsh.co.uk/roster/install.php it comes up with....

Warning: main(./install/template.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install.php on line 59

Warning: main(): Failed opening './install/template.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install.php on line 59
Could not include ./install/includes/class_template.php - check to make sure that the file exists!

And i got no clue what it means. I don't understand code. I can put files in place, I can use frontpage, but all this doesn't mean anything to me. :neutral:

Can someone please help me? I'm really really stuck and i'm getting so frustrated. I've spent two days manually uploading the files, and if i don't get this to work, i'm gonna throw my laptop across the room I think.... :shaking:
Peams
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:14 am

I am getting the same errors. There is no subdirectory /install/includes/ nor is there a class_template.php in the latest version of wowroster that I downloaded. Also the permissions seem to be fine for /install so I am not sure why it is happening.

Whilst I am not a girl and hence will try not to cry this is very frustrating atm. sinisterbank.langames.net.au is where I have uploaded the files and am trying to configure wowroster.
Bandit
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:48 pm

The second message is a typo
Code: Select all
Could not include ./install/includes/class_template.php - check to make sure that the file exists!

This should really read
Could not include ./install/template.php - check to make sure that the file exists!

@ Peams -
Seems like your running PHP in CGI mode, this may cause problems for roster as it is not tested with PHP in this mode

@ Both -
You are gonna have to do some file editing to get this to work
Open install.php in a text editor (NOT notepad!)
Find this line
$roster_root_path './'

Replace with this
$roster_root_path dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:25 pm

Hi Zanix, thanks for the prompt reply. I have made the change and am now getting the following errors:

Warning: page_header(install/templates/install_header.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\langames.net.au\subdomains\sinisterbank\httpdocs\install\template.php on line 196

Warning: page_header(): Failed opening 'install/templates/install_header.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\langames.net.au\subdomains\sinisterbank\httpdocs\install\template.php on line 196

Warning: display(install/templates/install_step1.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\langames.net.au\subdomains\sinisterbank\httpdocs\install\template.php on line 283

Warning: display(): Failed opening 'install/templates/install_step1.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\langames.net.au\subdomains\sinisterbank\httpdocs\install\template.php on line 283

Warning: page_tail(install/templates/install_tail.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\langames.net.au\subdomains\sinisterbank\httpdocs\install\template.php on line 228

Warning: page_tail(): Failed opening 'install/templates/install_tail.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\langames.net.au\subdomains\sinisterbank\httpdocs\install\template.php on line 228
Bandit
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Peams » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:41 pm

Yes, thank you for the quick reply...

However, I did that but i get the same msg again.

What's CGI? Gosh i'm such a girl and I noob at this. Is there anyway I can change this? My host supports php it says.

If someone wants to e-mail me to talk me through this/ help me more, please feel free to do so -- i'm online practically all the time, and I really really want roster :) (or i'm on WOW Azsune EU server, with the name 'Peams' too)
Peams
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Installation -- I'm gonna cry

Postby zanix » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Make sure all those files actually exist in those folders
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby Peams » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:22 am

I'm still lost. Still not working :( Still gonna cry :'(

What is CGI and how do i change uploading in CGI to php? Or is that a completely blonde and noob question that isn't even possible?

If someone is really nice and honest, i'm willing to let them remote access my system to fix this :( Please PM me if you can help me... its a pain in the arse manually doing a guild bank etc.
Peams
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:49 am

PHP can run in two modes
  • CGI
  • As a module

Your web host decides on what mode to use

Peams -
As for not working, I checked that directory...none of those files are there
I checked every one of the files, your install directory does not exist
Be absolutly sure that all files are on the server
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby Peams » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:18 am

No no, i don't get the same new messages has Bandit, I still get the original message even tho I changed that part that you said to change.

I'm still getting:
Warning: main(/home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install/template.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install.php on line 59

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install/template.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install.php on line 59
Could not include /home/x24ktsn/public_html/roster/install/includes/class_template.php - check to make sure that the file exists!

Perhaps this is a little too advanced for me after all :(
Peams
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:34 am

Peams, join me on the IRC chat
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby Peams » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:32 pm

I've been popping on to ICR chat to speak to you, but i think that you're asleep :)

Ummm, i'm currently on wow on the EU servers, but i'm thinking that you're a US server player :)

If you e-mail me at Peams@ktsh.co.uk when you're available zanix... My e-mail is checked every 30 mins :)
Peams
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Bandit » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:31 am

Hi Zanix got a followup, not sure if this is an issue the host end or in the install page but the errors I listed above in my post of 28 Jul I am still getting from the install.php page. However I know the permissions are ok and the files are there because i can browse to them manually. ie http://sinisterbank.langames.net.au/ins ... _tail.html

Very odd. Any ideas?
Bandit
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback