Cannot access Roster Configuration

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Thall » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:25 am

I have just uploaded and gone through Steps 1-4 of the install process, uploaded the conf.php file into the correct directory and then clicked on 'Continue to Roster Config'.

I then get the following error:-

Cannot get roster configuration from database
MySQL Said: 1146: Table 'racegun_thall.roster_config' doesn't exist

You might not have roster installed
INSTALL

So I go back to the install.php file and click install and it tells me that it has already been installed and to remove the install.php file and the install folder.

What's going on? Do I remove this folder or is there another problem I have missed?
Last edited by Thall on Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thall
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:50 pm

Uh....need more info

Forum Rules
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby angelvamp » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:30 am

I am getting this same issue. Let me see if I can provide more information.

This is my first time installing this product. I am using a web hoster called hostexcellence. The version This: 1.7.0, The PHP Version: Using: 4.3.11, MySQL Module: Available: Yes Required: Yes GD Module: Available: Yes Required: Optional

I Uploaded the files to a folder called Roster under the root of my web server. I browsed to the location of the install.php and get the beginning steps of the install. I then created a database called Angelva_rostertry. For the database i am using "MySQL client version: 4.1.20" I pulled that info off phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.1. The first page tells me I met the requirements for install. I get to step 2 and enter the following Information.
Database type: MySQL 3/4/5
Default Locale: English
Database host: Ip of server (I have had trouble with localhost on past php installs)
Database Name: Angelvam_rostertry
Database username: put the username i use to log into phpmyadmin as well as what i set up to be the admin password for the database when I created it.
Database password: I made sure i typed it in with multiple installs
Prefix for Roster DB tables: roster_
Roster URL Path: /Roster
Main Site URL: Tried both http://vesm.net and http://www.vesm.net

I then clicked Proceed. This is when I get the following error. And this is probably where you stop helping me. But then again you cant help me if I don’t tell you the whole problem.

MySQL client and server versions 4.0.4 or higher and MyISAM table support are required for Roster.

You are running
server version - 4.1.20-max-log
client version - 4.0.26
MySQL versions less than 4.0.4 may not work and are not supported.
Versions less than 4.0.4 may have unexpected issues, and we will not provide support for these installations.

After this I fill in the Roster Admin password and then confirm and hit proceed. At this point it asks me to download conf.php and upload which I do. Then I click Continue to Roster Config. This is the point I get the error.

Cannot get roster configuration from database
MySQL Said: 1146: Table 'Angelva_rostertry.roster_config' doesn't exist

You might not have roster installed
INSTALL

I went into myPHPAdmin and check the database and no table where created. I am assuming this is due to the client vertion. Though I can’t find where that version is to save my life. I have put a ticket into my web hosting tech support to see if they can help but have not gotten a response yet.

I also tryed doing it putting in localhost and got this.

Roster Installation
Step 3

Database Error

Failed to connect to database Angelva_rostertry as Angelva_angelvam@localhost

Restart Installation

I talked with my webhosting tech and they have no plan to upgade this nor is there any way i cna pay them to upgrade it.

Had anoughter though if I use a diffrent hosting company's MySQL server can i set up roster on my wepage and just point it to that server?
I appricate any help you can give me on this. if you cant help me I appreciate you looking over the post. Thank you
Last edited by angelvamp on Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelvamp
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback