Two Questions

This mod will allow any part of DragonFly that uses bbcode to be able to use ItemStats
No longer maintained

Two Questions

Postby inkfreq » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:37 am

I have Item Stats up and running on my DF 9.2.1 site, no problems there.

My first question is why certain items won't show up. I'm assuming it's a problem pulling from the database, but item's like Manaweave Cloak don't show up at all.

My second question is wether or not there is a way to avoid termination of an item name within the code.

For example, if I use the bbcode tags with an item like Finkle's Skinner, I get no results and avery slow loading forum post. My guess is that the apostrophe is terminating the results.

Does bbcode allow for a \ or any other character to explicitly say do not terminate here? Or am I way off on why I'm getting poor results on this item?
inkfreq
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Two Questions

Postby inkfreq » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Never mind, I answered my own questions.

The problem on both was Thottbot. I'm guessing the server is getting too busy and the calls are timing out.

Doing a little reading on the eqdkp site I found a problem with Allakhazam that was easy to fix, and allows me to pull the data easily from there, and now all seems right with the universe again.

Also, since I've seen much discussion on it, I'd like to report that aside for changes on Alla, ItemStatsDF works wonderfully on my 9.2.1 DF site.
inkfreq
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Two Questions

Postby Anaxent » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:01 am

would you mind posting a link to your df 9.2.1 site?
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Two Questions

Postby arg81 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:18 pm

I changed to Wowhead, as even Allakazham has it's issues...

I'm not sure whether your issue is the same, but you need to use item ID as oppose to item name if that Item isn't yet cached in your database.
arg81
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Two Questions

Postby inkfreq » Thu May 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Sorry, yes, I'd be happy to.

www.voodooreborn.com

I'm still having two problems. The first is with images since wowhead sealed them off. Can't seem to get them to display.

The second is with the siggen password. Haven't found an answer to that one yet.
inkfreq
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to ItemStatsDF