File does not exist!

Installation issues with WoWRoster

File does not exist!

Postby Paffendorf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:05 am

Trying to configure Roster, howerver something is wrong.

You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuration

Clicking that take syou to: http://wowancientknights.com/roster/update.php

However, *WOWDIR*\WTF\Account\*ACCOUNT_NAME*\SavedVariables\CharacterProfiler.lua

does not exist. Actually, there is NO folder named Account! What gives? Any insight?
Paffendorf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: File does not exist!

Postby jaffa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:38 pm

That's odd. Have you ever logged into WoW with characterprofiler and guildprofiler running? If not, try that first. If you don't have any addons I guess that folder may not have been created yet.
Last edited by jaffa on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaffa
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

File does not exist!

Postby PleegWat » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:18 pm

If the account directory doesn't exist, something weird is going on. Are you sure you've got the right wow install?
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Melina » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:42 am

If your running vista and do no run wow as admin I know it puts the info somewhere else instead..not sure where offhand just know some people have had issues wit that..
Melina
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:27 pm

Melina wrote:If your running vista and do no run wow as admin I know it puts the info somewhere else instead..not sure where offhand just know some people have had issues wit that..

WoooW (the expression, not the game)

I already installed WoW on serveral low-end and high end Vista PC's with all the Vista version that exists, but didn't saw the "Do you want to run this Blizzard program in Admin mode ?" question.

Normally, a program IS allowed to read/write to its own installed base [DRIVE]\Programs\Program\.... directory in Vista.

What I do understand is that a 'safe-system-setup' would disallow access to this path. It's something equal to forbid the normal user acces to /bin un a Linux/Unix system. Nice - and about time. Just 20 years to late ^^

Anyway, I didn't had to do anything special to find the very-known directory structure of Blizzard on a Vista system. This includes the WTF\MyAccount\SavedVariables directory.

A already known exception is UniUpLoader: it like to touch a directory (The WoW one) that isn't its base directory : Vista doen't like that and the result is that UniUpLoader doesn't work. Making executing UniUpLoader in admin-mode just takes care off this very well.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to Installation