Siggen Avatars/Signatures in DF

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby petrakid » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:08 pm

I have siggen creating and saving avatars in the images/avatars/roster_avatars folder, and currently users on my website need to manually link these avatars to their profile. I also save the banners in a similar folder, to which they can add an to their signature, and the banner will show up.

This works....ok...but wow would it be a great thing if, when someone registers, DF automatically assigns them their avatar and signature, based on a required field I've added called "character name in WOW". Because the avatars and banners are saved in "character_name.png" format, I would think that this would be an easy thing. I just don't know exactly what file to edit, where to change code, and what to change the code to. I have a hunch, but I could use some help with this.

Thanks
Last edited by petrakid on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Siggen Avatars/Signatures in DF

Postby wacoede » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:56 pm

what you want is phpBB Sync

you'll need to have both roster and DF installed on the same DB then it will do it for you (currently uses the Real Name Field but thats gonna change soon)

oh and this is only for Roster 2.0
wacoede
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby petrakid » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:49 pm

yeah, I'm using 1.7.3 for DF, not 2.0. I used 2.0 for a while and really like it, but...i really wanted integration. So I'm patiently waiting for wowRosterDF to go 2.0.

IF anyone else has any ideas - I can code it myself, I just need some clue as to where to go.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby wacoede » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:46 pm

I understand the frustration I'm waiting for the DF integration as well but for now I'm playing with roster 2 and siggen

wouldn't even mind a beta release of DFroster 2.0
wacoede
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby petrakid » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:17 pm

well this seems like it should be something pretty simple - i even posted on the dragonflycms site, but no one has said anything - and that's been 3 weeks. There's others on their site asking for help with this too.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly