css/layout problem with nuked install...

phpNuke integration forum

css/layout problem with nuked install...

Postby ludow » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:12 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks to Rahtak's outstanding work, i have the nuked 1.7 version installed on my site now. I just need to get home and login to wow to update my profiles...

I'm having a problem though. I'm getting the main menu of my nuke site displayed twice as soon as i look at the roster.

I get the left blocks where they are supposed to be, and then again repeated inside the main central bit.

Can anyone recommend anything?
ludow
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: css/layout problem with nuked install...

Postby Beiwe » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:51 am

Wish I could help ya, but I'm having the exact same problem. From reading through several posts on the forum people seem to have fixed it by commenting out an extra instance of:
include("header.php");
include("footer.php");
Thus removing the extra wrapper that goes around the roster add-on. My problem is I have no idea which set of include tags I'm supposed to comment out, seeing as there are something like 400 of them between all my php pages.

If you can find which set of those to comment out, then you'll probably be homefree. For me it's been like searching for a needle in a haystack.

http://cugnet.net/~tugw/incursionator/m ... ame=Roster
Looks kinda funky though.
Beiwe
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Beiwe » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:10 am

So I started poking around a bit more, and decided that if I installed Roster 1.7 fresh I might be able to better diagnose the problem. When I started installing Roster from a fresh start I hit the step where the Roster installation asks you to download and install the conf.php file.

I decided to open/edit this file to see what the problem was, and when I opened it up I was surprised to see a ton of html code that seemed to look a whole lot like the exact code for the nuke theme wrapper. Up to this point in the roster I hadnt had the "two-layer" error (as I have come to call it).

Sure enough, when I uploaded the conf.php file I suddenly had two layers of my menus and nuke wrapper again, the inner wrapper being a screenshot of whatever the site had looked like when I performed the roster installation (menus, members online, and links).

So I decided I might as well find out if this was the error that I had been desparately searching for, and sure enough, deleting all that html before the server information fixes the problem!

Your conf.php file should look something like this once roster has finished with it:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<!-- A CRAPLOAD OF HTML THAT ENDS UP BEING A COPY OF YOUR NUKE WRAPPER -->
<?php
/******************************
* AUTO-GENERATED CONF FILE
* DO NOT EDIT !!!
******************************/

$db_host = "localhost";
$db_name = "****";
$db_user = "****";
$db_passwd = "*****";
$db_prefix = "roster_";

$module_name = basename(dirname(__FILE__));
$roster_dir = "modules/" . $module_name;

define('ROSTER_INSTALLED', true);
?>

If you delete everything in your conf.php file (except the red part), and then overwrite the old one it should get rid of the extra wrapper layer.
Beiwe
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ludow » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:51 pm

You sir, are a star.

That was exactly it. 'Tis now all fixed. Much appreciated.
ludow
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Beiwe » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:55 am

No problem, now I just have to work on my own cosmetics for a couple of the tables >_<
Beiwe
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpNuke