Tweaking Which Characters Display

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby mook » Sat May 03, 2008 7:01 am

Howdy Folks -

After a *lot* of fiddling around, I've finally got WoWRoster more or less working - I'm using svn [1758] and the latest CharacterProfiler / GuildProfiler AddOns.

Here's my situation - I have 10 characters, 6 are Unguilded, 4 are in 'Guild A'. I do not want to see the 350+ names of all the characters in Guild A, I only want to see my 10 characters.

I can do this by a successful 'Update Profile', then go into the "Data Manager" section of the admin control panel and manually delete the 350 or so members of Guild A that are not my characters, then when the Guild A list is down to just my characters I click "Delete Guild" ... this moves the four of them to the 'Guildless-H' guild, so then all 10 of my characters display together.

Needless to say though, manually checking the boxes of over 300 characters every time I want to update data is not something I particularly want to do every time. Is there an easier way that I'm missing to have WoWRoster display my 10 characters, both guilded and unguilded, all under 'Guildless-H'? I restricted the "Upload Rules --> Character" to just my 10 characters, thinking this would prevent anyone but those 10 from being acknowledged, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Thanks much,
mook
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat May 03, 2008 1:02 pm

Clear your guild upload rules, and set a default to Guildless-F (Change F to your faction A or H)
Now enter your characters in the character section

This will prevent your guild and its members from being uploaded
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Tweaking Which Characters Display

Postby mook » Sat May 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Apologies for wasting your time Zanix, I was absolutely positive I had tried that exact configuration - but clearly I hadn't, since it worked perfectly when I just did it now.

Thanks much for the quicky reply. WoWRoster is a fantastic piece of work, v. 2.0 is exactly what I was looking for. 8)
mook
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat May 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Cool, glad you got it working right
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to Archived