Group Permissions Problem

Xoops / eXoops integration forum

Postby Saragoth » Wed May 14, 2008 3:00 am

Hey Guys just installed WRX 1.73 onto Xoops 2.0. When I goto the admin panel and mouse over Wowrosterx, then click on "Page Permissions" everything comes up fine, however if I put a check box in say "View Roster Index" under registered users and submit. It says the changes have been made but the check box isn't there and regular registered users get a screen saying they don't have permission to access the roster.

I went as far as to check all the boxes in Registered and Anonymous and still no changes. Been trying to figure this out for days please help.
Saragoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Saragoth » Wed May 14, 2008 9:38 am

Anyone please? I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it and stil getting the same thing

Update:

I uninstalled everything from my site again(twice), re-downled xoops and wowrosterx and tried reinstalling everything again both on PHP 5 and 4.1 and get the same thing. Turning debug mode on I get the mygroupperm.php invalid HTTP_POST_VARS call. In a previous post i saw a suggestion to change that to $_POST which I did. The error is now gone but the permissions aren't changing

Also when I goto the Wowrosterx permissions all the checkboxes are checked for Webmasters, even unchecking one of those and apply the change does nothing.
Last edited by Saragoth on Wed May 14, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saragoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby mdeshane » Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Which 2.0 version of Xoops are you using? WRX 1.73 was only tested to work on Xoops 2.0.16 and lower. I know there are errors on higher versions, mainly caused by security changes in Xoops. I have not attempted to update the module to work with the latest versions of Xoops, mainly because I'm working on a new version for Roster 2. As well as creating a User Authentication Addon for Roster. If I get a chance I will look into the permission problems.
Accounts Addon - Roster v2 User Account Addon

PKC Dev Site - http://dev.pkcomp.net
My Roster Dev Site - http://myroster.dontexist.net
mdeshane
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Khadgar (PvE) - US

Re: Group Permissions Problem

Postby Saragoth » Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 pm

mdeshane wrote:Which 2.0 version of Xoops are you using? WRX 1.73 was only tested to work on Xoops 2.0.16 and lower. I know there are errors on higher versions, mainly caused by security changes in Xoops. I have not attempted to update the module to work with the latest versions of Xoops, mainly because I'm working on a new version for Roster 2. As well as creating a User Authentication Addon for Roster. If I get a chance I will look into the permission problems.

Hey man thanks for replying.. I was running Xoops 2.0.18, for sake of testing I uninstalled everything and installed 2.0.16 with the same result. Tried it under both PHP 4.1 and 5.0

Think I'm just going to use wowroster for the time being and wrap it, while I patiently await wrx 2.0 =)
Last edited by Saragoth on Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saragoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Xoops / eXoops