Is Vbulletin integration dead

Hybrids, Ports, Integrations, bridges, etc...
The WoWRoster Dev Team does not code nor support these integrations and ports of roster
Please contact the author(s) of the port for support

Postby Lyco » Thu May 15, 2008 6:34 am

I was wondering if anyone knows the status of the vbulletin integration of WoWRoster i use it for my cms/forums and would like to use wowroster in it cause i just love the software but want it integrated
Lyco
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Lyco » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 am

well i guess the no response to my post is my answer well i will be willing to do this if anyone knows how to make the product file and edit the wowroster files i would gladly appreciate the advice
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby PleegWat » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:59 am

Noone works on a vbulletin integration because almost noone uses it. Since you need to pay to look into its own code, someone not willing to pay isn't reasonably able to work on a roster integration. And why pay, if there's plenty of free systems available?
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Lyco » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:08 am

because of the versitility of it and the user friendlyness of the admin control center i used joomla and i liked it but with vbulletin and vbadvanced cmps addon i got a seamless looking site that is extremely user friendly and has everything i need. I would like to have this as an integration for vb because i have used this before and i absolutly loved it but if i cant get a codee started then i will have to settle for this plugin for vbulletin that is just an auto updating roster that pulls from the wow armory http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170605 but if anyone wants to help me with this please let me know.
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Is Vbulletin integration dead

Postby tuigii » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Lyco wrote:..... i will have to settle for this plugin for vbulletin that is just an auto updating roster that pulls from the wow armory http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170605 but if anyone wants to help me with this please let me know.

Updating the WoWRoster from the Armory isn't a 'vbulletin' question but a WoWRoster question, and is done with a Roster addon (all details are in the concerning ArmorySync forum).

Keep it mind, that Blizzard DOES NOT expose an interface or manual about "how to do so", it evens seems to block "massif Armory requests" ones in a while.
It's a "great if it works - and bad luck if it doesn't".
So, a roster updates itself by Guild member intervention. And sometimes, ArmorySync ‘procs’ ( :wink: ) and helps you updating these last "I can't do that" members.

I can understand why you want to integrate. Your site will look nicer and will be even more acsesible, that's for sure.

But integrating huge project like WoWRoster and a CMS system needs more then installing a plugin and go .... so you need to patch the code heavily.
Meaning, every time you have to apply an update, you have to re-patch again (if things didn't just break).
This means that only you can be the expert of your site, because you have to know everything of your site, because it’s unique.

That’s the price of being beautiful: one way or another, you pay.
Without using money, but much of your time.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Lyco » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:55 am

well you are right very very much so
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Lyco » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:31 am

I am looking for help recoding wowroster for vb integration email me if you want to volunteer at darthice16@yahoo.com
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Lyco » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:35 am

also vbulletin has a scheduled tasks manager built in so if i can recode the armorysync addon after wowroster is recoded to use the integrated scheduled task to populate the database.
Lyco
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Return to CMS / Forum Integration, Ports, etc...