ArmorySync for Roster 2 Beta Shuts my comptuer off...??

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Postby petrakid » Thu May 29, 2008 8:19 am

I have been using RosterDF 2 Beta for a while, but a week or so ago, I decided to go back to Roster 2 Beta standalone (until more addons are made for the DF version [armorysync, for example]).

So I deactivated RosterDF 2 and installed Roster into a separate spot on the server, and made a database just for it. Other than the link in dragonfly, it is not at all affiliated with dragonfly.

Everything works just fine and looks just fine...except for ArmorySync.

I can do a guild update using armorySync, and it works fine. Whenever I try to do a character list update, it starts, gets to the equipment info update on the first character on the list, gets to 3 or 4 out of 20 and suddenly my computer shuts off.

Now I have a pretty monstrous computer. I use a dual core Athlon 64 with 2Gigs of memory (upgrading to 8 soon). WoW runs flawlessly on my computer, with video settings at max. I don't think it's my computer causing this...there's something in the armorysync script which is sending a bad command to the CPU or something, or my CPU is just doing way too much work for its own good.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Thu May 29, 2008 11:51 am

roster 2.0 is much more port-friendly than earlier versions, especially for the dragonfly port since that's made by our own devs.
Most addons should work unmodified in DF.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Anaxent » Thu May 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Now I have a pretty monstrous computer. I use a dual core Athlon 64 with 2Gigs of memory (upgrading to 8 soon). WoW runs flawlessly on my computer, with video settings at max. I don't think it's my computer causing this...there's something in the armorysync script which is sending a bad command to the CPU or something, or my CPU is just doing way too much work for its own good.

Updating roster has nothing todo with your local cpu setting but instead your servers(website) settings, but in this case I blame blizzard because they have put restrictions on there armory which is causing our time outs. The ajax settings should be able to get around tthe armory issue but at the same time blizzard is trying to keep us from minning data there for one way or another im sure we will always have this issue
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby petrakid » Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 am

GRR stupid blizzard.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby petrakid » Fri May 30, 2008 8:06 pm

But why would this be causing my computer to shut down? Keep in mind, my computer is NOT the server. It's just a client.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri May 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Your browser might be causing a memory fault or something when it runs complex javascript

You computer might be blue screening and automatically resetting
You can disable this by right clicking on My Computer and select Properties, Click the advanced tab, Click the settings button under Startup and Recovery, and uncheck Automatically Restart under System Failure

I would also check your computer's error log (right click on My Computer, Click Manage, Click Event Viewer)
You might find something there
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby petrakid » Sat May 31, 2008 12:48 am

Yeah I checked the error log - no application errors, no system errors, no security errors...And it's not that my computer is restarting - it's just shutting off. No blue screens, no warnings, it just...shuts off, and only when doing wowroster updates with armory sync. I'm guessing it is some sort of a memory fault, but with nothing in my log to verify it, it's hard to know for sure.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat May 31, 2008 2:43 am

That is strange
I had power faults randomly before
It was a bad power supply
I ended up replacing the board, cpu, and ram before I replaced the power supply

Oh well, at least I got basically a new computer :)
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: ArmorySync for Roster 2 Beta Shuts my comptuer off...??

Postby Gator81 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 am

since i was working with some suggestions, i wanted to say that i deleted the roster and the database and re installed from the svn with the latest amorysync and when i did a update for the guild it was fine but when I did the update of all the chars it went to the second one and then i had moved my mouse and it crashed. It didnt reboot the computer but i had a explorer error. I went back and started the update and didnt touch anything and it seem to of went to the last guildie and then I recieved the same error and roster shut down. I loaded roster and all the updates seem to be there.
A couple versions before and I didnt have this issue on my local test server so i wouldnt think that it would be my machine in any way.
Gator81
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby petrakid » Sat May 31, 2008 10:33 pm

No, if it were my computer, it would do it other times as well. It only does it when I am updating the member list on armorysync, and only when it gets to the item updates. It doesn't finish the updates either. It is just the strangest thing.

And ya, the previous version from SVN didn't do that. It seemed to work just fine.
Last edited by petrakid on Sat May 31, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby petrakid » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 pm

I updated Roster to the RC version, and armorysync seems to be fine now. It's not shutting off my computer...it works as good as can be expected. It gets about 1/3 the way done and my database "goes away", and many of the updates are not completed - but I blame that on blizzard.
petrakid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated