Poetter ceased development of ArmorySync

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Poetter ceased development of ArmorySync

Postby PleegWat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:32 pm

I think AS already contains the logic to determine which member most needs the update. I'd recommend finding an external system, such as a user PC, and setting up a cronjob, or a job in the windows task scheduler, to fetch the AS url that updates a single member.

The windows task scheduler is capable of running repeatable tasks every 15 minutes or similar. You'd probably need to install wget or a similar utility to fetch the page.

For a linux cronjob:

Code: Select all
*/15 * * * * wget -O /dev/null -o ~/armorysync.log www.myguild.com/roster/the/url/to/update/one/char/in/armorysync.html

The -O option trows away the fetched page. The -o option logs the actual fetch in a logfile in your home directory, throwing away the old logfile each time. Use -a instead of -o to append new logs, but in that case remember to clean often if you're gonna run it every 15 minutes.

I'm not sure if armorysync needs any POST parameters, like the password, to sync. Check `man wget` to find out how to fill them in.
Last edited by PleegWat on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Previous

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated