New installation of 1.7 and I cannot upload the Char.lua

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby billybob » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:05 am

System Config
New installation of 1.7
What version of PHP are you using? 4.4.2
What version of MySQL are you using? 4.0.26
Site is hosted, Have full access
Using Latest versions of CharacterProfiler, GuildProfiler.
All English language servers.

Error messages
I am not receiving a error message except
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/wowroster/admin/config.php on line 300
But if my info is right this is because I have not uploaded data yet.

The only other message I find is in the SQL Queries box
SELECT `config_name`, `config_value` FROM `roster_config` ORDER BY `id` ASC;

I have been searching the site and came across Diversion's post

I tried the phpMyAdmin trick and it worked. Under the guild table I modified:

guild_id: Set to 1
guild_name: Your guild name
server: Your server
faction: Horde/Alliance

I didn't bother with anything else. After that, my menu worked properly and I made the in-script modifications and uploaded the data.

I started over from scratch new database, new install same problems so I tried MyAdmin.

guild_id: Set to 1 (found in table roster_guild but no data in roster_config to edit) Hope I’m explaining this well)
guild_name: Your guild name (found and correct)
server: Your server (found and correct)
faction: Horde/Alliance (found in table roster_guild but no data in roster_config to edit)

So for me I was only able to verify the site was updating the db.

Someone suggested that we check upload_max_filesize it is set to 2M but my char.lua is 1mb currently. Is this a server side setting?

In my Roster Diag’s everything seems to be fine the only options turned off are
T1LibSupport=No
Safe_Mode=Off
Server_name_comp=off

So for me I’m stuck until someone says needs more data…

Any help is appreciated

Thanks, Bob

Part 2#

Read and tried keldrak's post

Recieved these errors..
Warning: file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/tmp/phpz2r70o) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/mysite/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/mysite/public_html/wowroster/lib/luaparser.php on line 38

Warning: file(/var/tmp/phpz2r70o): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/mysite/public_html/wowroster/lib/luaparser.php on line 38
Last edited by billybob on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billybob
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby kulrog » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:00 pm

I am having problems installing also, I get through the entire setup, then when I get to the configuration page I have the
"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/wowroster/admin/config.php on line 300"
error on the top of my screen, and I can not save any configuration information to complete the setup.

How do I fix this? I tried closing the page, when I go back it says you need to upload your guild data or finish configuration. Guild name is set to guildname, and I can not change it, even if I update the database directly. If I try to go to the configuration page I get error 404. I checked all the file permissions they are all set for read and execute.
kulrog
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: New installation of 1.7 and I cannot upload the Char.lua

Postby sporkfoo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:06 am

Okay - I've been sitting in fron of this problem for most of the evening. And I figured it out.

Do NOT use the submit button in the same content box as the file upload fields. Instead, type in your password and use the one in the box below.
sporkfoo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: New installation of 1.7 and I cannot upload the Char.lua

Postby billybob » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:34 pm

Help Please anyone out there...........?

Kulrog
I am having problems installing also, I get through the entire setup, then when I get to the configuration page I have the
"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/wowroster/admin/config.php on line 300"
error on the top of my screen, and I can not save any configuration information to complete the setup.

I can save configuration info...

sporkfoo
Okay - I've been sitting in fron of this problem for most of the evening. And I figured it out.

Do NOT use the submit button in the same content box as the file upload fields. Instead, type in your password and use the one in the box below.

Not my problem does not matter which button I hit it will not go through...

I've been pulling my hair out over this any Ideas?

Bob
billybob
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby billybob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:21 am

Last desperate plea before I give up....

I have been trolling the forums looking for a answer, I've tried just about everything I can think of.

I'm guessing there is a issue with my apache server and the up loader or the program is bugged. More inclined to think its my settings then a bug but who knows.

Here is my roster diags...

I cannot get the chra.lua to upload to the server period and there I'm stuck.

The only other information I can provide is that I turned on error reporting based on a post from Zanix.

This is what I get on the update page after I try to upload the char.lua.

Top of update profile page

Notice: Undefined variable: uploadData in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 112

Notice: Undefined variable: uploadData in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 120

Notice: Undefined variable: uploadData in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined variable: authFields in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 353

Notice: Undefined variable: pvplogInputField in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 363

Middle of update profile page

Update (update.php)

Notice: Undefined variable: updateMessages in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 426

Notice: Undefined variable: updatePvPMessages in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 427

Notice: Undefined variable: rosterUpdateMessages in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 428

Bottom of update profile page

Notice: Undefined variable: updateMessages in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 435

Notice: Undefined variable: updatePvPMessages in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 435

Notice: Undefined variable: rosterUpdateMessages in /home/Mysite/public_html/wowroster2/admin/update.php on line 435

If anyone thinks they can help me please PM me drop a post anything I'll take it.. I’m stuck at this point in development and I would really not like to look for a different application when this one looks like its all we need... Help....

Bob
Last edited by billybob on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
billybob
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback