Couple of upload questions

CharacterProfiler.lua file uploading issues

Postby wgamble » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:23 am

Sorry if this has been posted before. I am using phpbb login to authenticate users in wowroster firstly.

Everything has been working fine, but when I began using phpbb login, whenever a user uploads their characterprofiler.lua file, it gives me this error:

Database Error1146: Table 'wowroster.phpbbusers' doesn't exist
SQL:
update phpbbusers u, roster_members m set u.user_from=m.zone where ucase(u.name)=ucase(m.name)
File: lib\dbal\mysql.php
Line: 234

I am also unsure of what is going on with my uniuploader update.php file. I understand that for your primary URL you should link to roster's update.php file, however I do not have one in the root directory of wowroster, nor do I have one in the /roster/admin directory.

At the moment I have it set to www.pwnography.us/roster/update.php and it acts like it's processing fine, however there is no file, nor has there ever been a file, in that directory or the admin directory named update.php. Any explanation as to what's going on with either of these things would be greatly appreciated. Other than those problems everything is working great and I really am enjoying this wonderful tool you've made. :D
wgamble
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:07 am

The first is an issue for the phpbb login addon
Post your question in the correct sub-forum

Who said the update is in that location?
It's in that location for 1.7.3, but for 2.0 it is roster/index.php?p=update (roster/update.html in Friendly URL mode)
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Couple of upload questions

Postby wgamble » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:48 am

Thank you for your help. I apologize about the incorrect placing of my first question, and apologize as well for my lack of knowledge about the software.

I may have skipped something over when reading the documentation but I setup that update link according to the wiki that's on here regarding wowroster. It's very likely that I did read over something, but I don't recall seeing a split section concerning 2.0 vs 1.7

Again I appreciate your help and your time.
wgamble
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:21 am

All the documentation should be for 2.0
Where did you see that the upload link was roster/update.php?
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Couple of upload questions

Postby tuigii » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:23 pm

wgamble wrote:...however there is no file, nor has there ever been a file, in that directory or the admin directory named update.php. Any explanation as to what's going on with either of these things would be greatly appreciated...

Do NOT under estimate the power of the .htaccess file (which you can find in the roster root directory) :D
That's the one doing the magic stuff.

Btw : you might have found already the update.php file, it's in the 'pages' directory, but you don't need to (should) call it from there.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to Uploading