so exactly how do i secure this thing?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby fluid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:19 am

ive run around the documentation and dont see anything about it. i do see a "username" and "password" block in uniuploader, but do not see how to create users or passwords in wowroster.

what can i do to help secure things more? i had to turn everything on "public" to get updates to work for people. im pretty confused about security administration on this app :(
fluid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby mdeshane » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:38 pm

I am currently working on an addon that will add user management and login capabilities to Roster. The Roster developers were not up to tackle user administration in this version (they had alot of other overhauling). However I do believe Roster 3 will have built in user management.

The Accounts addon is almost to beta release status, and should be available to the community in the next few weeks.

Alternately, you can use a CMS like DragonFly, then get the WoWRosterDF module. That would allow you to better secure Roster in your site.
Accounts Addon - Roster v2 User Account Addon

PKC Dev Site - http://dev.pkcomp.net
My Roster Dev Site - http://myroster.dontexist.net
mdeshane
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Khadgar (PvE) - US

Postby PleegWat » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:03 am

Roster allows limited security natively. There 3 fixed users, differentiated only by their password. You can set these passwords in the RosterCP. Then, you can set guild-level access, for example, on your guild uploads, and anyone with the guild password will be able to upload guild data.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to General Support & Feedback