UniUploader_Updater2 source?

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

Postby Calystos » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:50 pm

I was wondering, is it still possible to get the source code for the url based updater that UniUploader connects to http://www.wowroster.net/uniuploader_up ... update.php as I recall reading somewhere in the forum that http://www.wowroster.net/uniuploader_up ... pdate.phps would work but it just keeps coming up with an error page. The update.php page is blank for the browser so am guessing thats okay for the uniuploader itself though. But I'd like to get the update.php for use for a custom setup version of uniuploader (same as normal version, compiled from source and disabled some options, as the guild wanted a custom made one - picky heh).

Thanks loads.
Last edited by Calystos on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby zanix » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:18 am

Ah, you caught us...
Just kidding, I guess the file must have been deleted
Let me make sure the file doesn't contain any sensitive information and copy it over to update.phps

The file used to log the downloads and connections, be we disabled that a long time ago

And the source for the exe is available in the svn
It is included with the UniUploader code
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: UniUploader_Updater2 source?

Postby Calystos » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 am

zanix wrote:Ah, you caught us...
Just kidding, I guess the file must have been deleted
Let me make sure the file doesn't contain any sensitive information and copy it over to update.phps

The file used to log the downloads and connections, be we disabled that a long time ago

And the source for the exe is available in the svn
It is included with the UniUploader code

Ahh kewl, no prob. Was just curious really, heh. Am reading through the UniAdmin stuff and the UniUploader source code an figuring out how it all works an also I've made a few changes for a customized release for a friends guild. An one thing I would like is to set the UU to update from a site I specify (I've already managed this, but I haven't got the update.php part so its sorta defunct.) reason being of course is that rather than have them update to the non-customized build they get it after I get the latest version an re-set the settings again, lol. Erm, not sure if that made any sense (am bit tired, been working non-stop all day, lol).

I've downloaded the entire UniUploader svn, including the UniUploader/nsis/update directories. An got UU to compile an run no problems, an set up the options we wanted fine (great work, makes life so much easier!). I then used the nsis script (had to change it a bit, I'd list what I did but I forgot so if yas wanna know I'll do a compare an upload the differences info - wait I remember now, I added a single line to make it automatically add the startup on windows registry info set) to make the installer for my friends to use.

The only thing apart from turning off a few settings that I've done is add 2 new boxes in the Updater tab (1 label, 1 text box that stores the url) and also changed the updater info to allow the ability to make the updater point to another url if wished. I also had to add the same url thing to the UniAdmin site too (easy enough, just edited the sql database an added the line there, along with editing the language file to add the info about the new option and then uploading an image of the new option for when hovering over it).

All in all, a quick hack lol. But still, does the job, :-D One thing I did make sure of when making the installer was to copy over the license file an all refs to this site an stuff remain, :-) Cos I know how some people take other peoples work an try to rip it off an pass it off as their own, an I hate that. Credit where credit is due is what I say, you guys did all the work so everyone should thank you for it, an thats what I am doing now BIG THANKS you guys are great, this roster system, uniuploader/uniadmin, are amazingly good! Keep it up guys! :-D
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby zanix » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:26 am

That is a lot of text
All I can say is thanks, you are very welcome, and I'm glad to help
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby Calystos » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:08 pm

zanix wrote:That is a lot of text
All I can say is thanks, you are very welcome, and I'm glad to help

Yeah, sorry I do tend to get carried away a bit sometimes, lol.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby MattM » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:08 am

Calystos wrote:uniuploader/uniadmin, are amazingly good! Keep it up guys! :-D

Thanks! :glad:

edit:Most of the hard work was Zanix though
Last edited by MattM on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby zanix » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 am

Only in UniAdmin
UniUploader is all yours
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Return to UniUploader