Feedback request

Combining the powers of AltMonitor and SortMembers in a sortable, alt collapsible, searchable members list
Includes an extensive API for use with other addons

Feedback request

Postby PleegWat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:59 am

OK, this has been out as final for a while now, and I'm wondering: What did I do right when making this? What did I do wrong? What do I definitely need to improve for the next version, and what do I need to keep my hands off cause it's already working perfectly?
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Feedback request

Postby Diska » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:59 am

I love the collapsing of the alts and the unlimited sorting options, although I never use the advanced sorting options, it's kinda overkill for me.

I miss the grouped layout from 1.7.x, I always liked the look of that.
Diska
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Feedback request

Postby tuigii » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:02 pm

I saw your question, Pleegwat, but, guess what, it's difficult to answer.
I think because the entire 'thing' is already good - there is an easy proof : just analyze the latest questions (last 8 weeks) in the forum....

Many small suggestions exists, of course.

What about : take a break, because WOLTK will make you laugh and yell very soon.

Maybe there is one thing : making WoWRoster compatible with the latest 4, 5 and new upcoming 6 PHP version.

I'll try to make up a list - be ready to find the most nasty thing in it : documentation :rofl:
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Feedback request

Postby Mousee » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:01 pm

The only thing I could suggest as an improvement over the existing system would be to modify the way "alts" are setup. Basically a system that would allow for the manual inclusion of alts, so long as the character is in the database (ie. you'd have to add your alt to the database first), where once selecting a character you'd have the option to open up a drop-box (or other such method), select a character name from the drop-down box (or whatever), and click an "add alt" button which would automatically map that character as an alt to your main.

With an addition to the system such as this, character names wouldn't have to have special guild notes or have special names to designate an "alt". Would make things much easier anyways.

Outside of that I have no complaints and think you've done a wonderful job with it :)
Mousee
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Feedback request

Postby PleegWat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Tuigii: We're planning on taking advantages of PHP5 features for our future releases. PHP6 will definitely be a platform we'll test, once it gets available.

Mousee: that's actually supported in the backend. but I never managed to think up a usable frontend for it, so it never got a gui. Also, anything I currently make would need the admin password (or possibly officer) to be configured.

I may manage to push out something better in that regard when we get real account management.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Feedback request

Postby berserker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:30 pm

First excuse me for my poor english ;)

So, I really like new memberlist with alt, but I see some imorovement :
- For sure, accented character relation with alt (also accented)
- When we sort by class ou rank, a little separator beetween differents class / rank to be more eye friendly :)
- Is there any possibility than a user who is updated by ArmorySync have a different color than a user updated manually ? (and why not a new column or sort to know who update manually or not ?)

Thank you for all your hard work !
berserker
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Feedback request

Postby PleegWat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:56 pm

1) Known issue because the default has to work with lower php version. Will be fixed in 2.1 because we're raising the minimum php version
2) Working on that one, may be back in the next version
3) That distinction does not exist in the database. Also, AS is currently nearly dead since blizzard is actively working against it.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Feedback request

Postby Mousee » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 am

PleegWat wrote:Mousee: that's actually supported in the backend. but I never managed to think up a usable frontend for it, so it never got a gui. Also, anything I currently make would need the admin password (or possibly officer) to be configured.

I may manage to push out something better in that regard when we get real account management.

It seems to be mostly supported in the backend, ya. I haven't had a chance to play around with the code much yet as I have my finals this week and then I'm headed down to Florida for a week, but when I come back I intend to take a further look into it. Was considering adding it myself and just posting the edits here, but it may be a bit more work than I care to get into just yet for the same reason as you - waiting for "real" account management :P

But we'll see later. Keep up the good work all the same :)
Mousee
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to MembersList