PVP log - Kill/Death Log

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

PVP log - Kill/Death Log

Postby kiwi_pearls » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:09 am

When in game, I go and click on my pvplog by the mini map to track who've I've killed, or more often been killed by, the log does not list them in order.

For example...

I expect the names of to be at the top, but at times, someone I've killed is in the middle of the list.

Is there a way to get PVP log to log the kills in order? As it is good to check in game, else if I want to see recent data, I have to log out and upload it to roster, which is a bit time consuming.

I am using the most recent version.

Love the addon alot.

Look foward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Kiwi Pearls
kiwi_pearls
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: PVP log - Kill/Death Log

Postby bsmorgan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:32 am

Unfortunately, the order of the in game data displays is determined by the internal ordering of the lua language (table.foreach). There are three tabs for death / kill data which are PvP, Duel, and Recent. There is a fourth tab but its primarily for debugging and it lists the contents of the target table.

PvP and Duel list the logged in character's "lifetime" records against all opponents. Recent lists the individual deaths/kills of all your characters on this realm in the last 24 hours.

I could add the ability to set the period to something other than 24 hours for the Recent list but anything else would involve some fairly major work on this part of the code.

The User Interface code is separate from the gathering code so that a major rewrite would only involve changes to this one module. I could even separate out the configuration UI so that the data display code was in a single module by itself. What some clever person could do is rewrite this module to use HTML like tables with sortable columns. I think most of the support for this type of display is available in Blizzard's API, but I'm not that familiar with the GUI coding side of addons.

While I don't have the time or the expertise to take on this project, I would make the time to provide the support necessary to allow someone else to attempt it.

Regards,

Brad
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Re: PVP log - Kill/Death Log

Postby kiwi_pearls » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 am

Ohhh cheers for replying.

Yes it would be nice if some one with the knowledge to write up the display results better could do it.

At least we have the roster to find the data. And ty for your explanation.
kiwi_pearls
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to PvPLog