Any GuildVault for Roster 2.0?

Displays items, money, and logs from the Guild Vault

Postby skenagle » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

I just love this vault addon and ive already got my Roster latest version up and running as well.

But i cannot get the vault to show.

After some reading am i to believe that there is no GuildVault addon for the most recent version of Roster?

Is there a way to tweak it or something to make it work?

thank you
Chris
skenagle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:55 am

There is a guild vault addon included with Roster 2.0, it is a core addon

I don't think there is a version of this addon for Roster 2.0 though, and I have never used this version so I can't tell you if there are any differences
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Nefuh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:05 am

Hey skenagle,

this addon was only written for roster 1.7.x for all users that wouldn´t or couldn´t use the beta version of roster 2.0.

Maybe it´s possible to combine the features from my addon with the addon that comes along with roster 2.0 and write a new guild vault addon.

But actual i have not the time to do this.

Greetings from Germany

Nefuh
Administrator of the german User2User Community for WoWRoster.
Guild Master from Scum from Hell - Horde @ EU-Anetheron.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Any GuildVault for Roster 2.0?

Postby skenagle » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 am

zanix wrote:There is a guild vault addon included with Roster 2.0, it is a core addon

I don't think there is a version of this addon for Roster 2.0 though, and I have never used this version so I can't tell you if there are any differences

Im very confused..

so the core addon for 2.0 dodes not work? is that what you are saying?
The guildvault as a core addon in 2.0 is what im having a problem with.

All i get is a blank guildvault that says "moneylog" and thats it.

Im confused here a little cause i cant tell if the Coreaddon is broken or some other addon called the GuildVault is broken.

:)
skenagle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Nefuh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:52 am

Ok,

if you have trouble with the guild vault addon for roster 2.0 you´re in the wrong forum.

The correct forum for the guild vault addon for roster 2.0 is:

http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewforum/f=141.html

But so far as i know there were some trouble with other WoW-Addons when saving the guild vault data. Maybe disable all other WoW-Addons, only enable "CharacterProfiler" and "GuildProfiler" and retry to save and upload your data.
Administrator of the german User2User Community for WoWRoster.
Guild Master from Scum from Hell - Horde @ EU-Anetheron.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Calystos » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 am

I know addons such as BaudBag or any other bag (or bank) replacement addons make the character/guild profilers not scan the inventory or bank vaults properly. If I get time spare I'll look into it but am in the process of moving house this week so it may be a while, lol.

Though thats only person bank, and inventory. The GuildProfiler stores all the Guild Bank Vault info fine for us. And is uploaded via the CharacterProfiler.lua file.

However, if you mean the player marked as "guild vault" then thats another story. But the guild bank vault roster addon works fine for v2.x.x. No other addons interfere with the data or anything, neither ingame addons or roster site addons. So if your having problems somehow, you must be either missing something or your data isn't being uploaded (incorrect settings or corrupt files perhaps).
Last edited by Calystos on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby skenagle » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 am

Nefuh wrote:Ok,

if you have trouble with the guild vault addon for roster 2.0 you´re in the wrong forum.

The correct forum for the guild vault addon for roster 2.0 is:

http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewforum/f=141.html

But so far as i know there were some trouble with other WoW-Addons when saving the guild vault data. Maybe disable all other WoW-Addons, only enable "CharacterProfiler" and "GuildProfiler" and retry to save and upload your data.

Ok im sorry im in the wrong forum, i think i got confused with all the names being so similar.

Sorry about that.. maybe an admin can throw this thread in the right place.

as far as the addons thing, ok ill test tonight.

thank you all for your help!
skenagle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:23 am

Moved per skenagle's request
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby skenagle » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Calystos wrote:I know addons such as BaudBag or any other bag (or bank) replacement addons make the character/guild profilers not scan the inventory or bank vaults properly. If I get time spare I'll look into it but am in the process of moving house this week so it may be a while, lol.

Though thats only person bank, and inventory. The GuildProfiler stores all the Guild Bank Vault info fine for us. And is uploaded via the CharacterProfiler.lua file.

However, if you mean the player marked as "guild vault" then thats another story. But the guild bank vault roster addon works fine for v2.x.x. No other addons interfere with the data or anything, neither ingame addons or roster site addons. So if your having problems somehow, you must be either missing something or your data isn't being uploaded (incorrect settings or corrupt files perhaps).

YEP GENIUSES!!!

thats waht it was... addons..

I am using TBAG for bag organization personally and although im not sure that was the mod causing my error... when i disabled everything BUT the characterprofiler and guildprofiler.... my GuildVault came through on wowroster.

woot!!!

im buying you guys cookies..

(but ill probably eat them)

(thanx Zanix for moving the thread)
Last edited by skenagle on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skenagle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Calystos » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

skenagle wrote:
Calystos wrote:I know addons such as BaudBag or any other bag (or bank) replacement addons make the character/guild profilers not scan the inventory or bank vaults properly. If I get time spare I'll look into it but am in the process of moving house this week so it may be a while, lol.

YEP GENIUSES!!!

I am using TBAG for bag organization personally and although im not sure that was the mod causing my error... when i disabled everything BUT the characterprofiler and guildprofiler.... my GuildVault came through on wowroster.

woot!!!

Glad it got sorted, *waits for cookie, mmm, hehehe*.

TBAG, never heard of it but will download and see if I can come up with possible fixes in ref to the guild bank/etc. :-) I personally use BaudBag, works great for the guild bank vault since it doesn't do anything in ref to it, its just for personal inventory and personal bank. (Though the personal bank part of the guild roster doesn't work with baudbag via the characterprofiler, which I'll be looking into as well).
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby skenagle » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:13 pm

well actually i was not having any problems displaying the personal inventory with Tbag running. (tbag is an auto sorting bag mod like baud i think)

But the guild bank did not display correctly on the website with the mod running..

before you go look into tbag though, i have not isolated tbag as the culprit!

I kinda did a mass disable of mods and ASSUMED it was tbag since you said you had issues with baudbag.

If you would like more info PM me and ill see if i can snag the real baddy.

-thanx...
skenagle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:41 pm

skenagle wrote:But the guild bank did not display correctly on the website with the mod running..
before you go look into tbag though, i have not isolated tbag as the culprit!

It is the bag/sac/bank addon(s).

The WoW LUA fonction that instructs the server to send back all object stored in the bank somehow send over "one param more"* (I'm taking about the WoW Lua function QueryGuildBankTab() - I'm using GP with with debug statement all over the place).
Also, the hooking of this fonction fauls up, so CharacterProfiler (actually : GuildProfiler) isn't able to scan the Vault well enough. Swatter captures the error every time.

What helps : open the vault. open some pages. Walk away, take a drink - farm abit.
Open the vault again (with GuildProfiler in debug mode, the Error doesn't shwo up now = good sign) - open all pages and moeney log.
Now CharacterProfiler does contain an updated set of your Guild Vault.

Proof : Our Guild Vault : http://www.papy-team.fr/roster/index.ph ... ault&a=g:1 (6 pages checked - bought last one last Friday !!!! it works !!)
My "bag" addon : Bagnon.

* I think all this has to do with the fact that WoW doesn't talk much about the tab number 4 : the free-text tab.
How is it exported, what format ?
Tab 1 = Objects
Tab 2 = Object log
Tab 3 = common Money tav
Tab 4 = "Free text page" - this one is very very well documented - but I can't find anything - WoWWiki knows that it exists - that's all - no details.

Anyway, nice job to debug WoW addons IG. Takes hours ^^ Need to find a tools for this.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby tinboye » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 am

Calystos wrote:
skenagle wrote:

YEP GENIUSES!!!

woot!!!

Glad it got sorted, *waits for cookie, mmm, hehehe*.

TBAG, never heard of it but will download and see if I can come up with possible fixes in ref to the guild bank/etc. :-) I personally use BaudBag, works great for the guild bank vault since it doesn't do anything in ref to it, its just for personal inventory and personal bank. (Though the personal bank part of the guild roster doesn't work with baudbag via the characterprofiler, which I'll be looking into as well).

I use ArkInventory as my bag modifier and it effects me downloading the GuildVault Data as well, but character bags download fine.
Last edited by tinboye on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinboye
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to GuildVault