Uniadmin not using PHP upload_tmp_dir?

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

Postby AnthonyB » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 pm

I've recently moved my webserver from IIS6 (Win2K3) to IIS7 (Windows Server 2008) and am having trouble with Uniadmin 0.7.9 and uploading addons into it.

Error I'm getting is:

Could not move [C:\Windows\Temp\php1CCB.tmp] to [C:\inetpub\wwwroot\uniadmin\addon_zips\CTMod_Advanced_3.0_2008-10-15.zip]
Check php upload settings and file persmissions

What has me confused is that it would seem from the above message that Uniadmin is not using the PHP defined upload_tmp_dir setting but instead using some hard-coded temp directory (%windir%/temp?)?

Oh and I've just noticed a typo in that error message:
persmissions

should be
permissions

despite the typos, I'll be damned if I can find where in the source code it's coming from.. I'm obviously having a bad 'search' night...
Last edited by AnthonyB on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:49 am

hmmm... actually, I've now noticed that Roster upload is failing with the exact same problem so this obviously isn't a Uniadmin problem. looks to have become a PHP problem..
Parsing files

Error while parsing CharacterProfiler after 0 seconds
[C:\Windows\Temp\php8FF5.tmp] does not exist or is not readable by PHP

and that has only started in the last 1-2 days as I have been successfully uploading character data through to the 15th Oct...

I wonder what has made it suddenly start using that temp location? It's not the path set for the TEMP or TMP environment variables in Windows and it's definitely not from the PHP.INI.. hmmm..

Oh.. and I finally found those error message typos (persmissions) and fixed them in SVN.
Last edited by AnthonyB on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby zanix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 am

Thanks
It seems that either IIs is using the wrong php.ini file or there is an error in php.ini that makes php point to that directory
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Yeah, that thought had already occurred to me but there is definitely only 1 php.ini and looking at the phpinfo.php on the server it confirms that it's using the one in the location I'm expecting.

Still investigating...
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 pm

hmmm.. well, I should learn to just follow my own setup docs rather than reinterpret them and apply 'best practice' to them.

I had granted the IIS_IUSRS account Modify rights rather than 'Everyone' - as soon as I rectified that everything started working.

For some reason, the php-cgi.exe process is not running under the IIS_IUSRS context as I expected it would and was therefore getting an Access Denied on the PHP file upload dir, then reverting to %windir%\temp and getting Access Denied there too causing uploads to then fail.

Process Monitor FTW :)
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to UniAdmin