update.php Access - want to limit access to upload

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby fiannaog » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 pm

Hello,

I have WoW Roster v1.7.0 installed and it seems to work great, I want to limit the "Upload Profile" to my guild member and admin groups, I am using phpBB2, from "Roster Config" I log in. then go to update.php Access and set the following:

Allow Access to Update.php = off
Path to phpBB = ../
Usergroup Access to Update.php = 6,7

The next time I go to "Update profile" i get the following errors :

Warning: main(../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laten4/public_html/dbb1/roster/lib/phpbb.php on line 56

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laten4/public_html/dbb1/roster/lib/phpbb.php on line 56

Warning: main(../common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laten4/public_html/dbb1/roster/lib/phpbb.php on line 57

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laten4/public_html/dbb1/roster/lib/phpbb.php on line 57

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/laten4/public_html/dbb1/roster/lib/phpbb.php on line 63

Anyone know where im going wrong?
fiannaog
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: update.php Access - want to limit access to upload

Postby Munazz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:43 pm

I know the first problem is the includes can be a bit misleading. The path to your phpBB directory needs an extra "../" in it. Check to see if that corrects your errors.
Munazz
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Jerbs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:01 am

You need to have the directory name of your forum after ../

Example: My forum folder is titled "forum": ../forum

Also, you'll notice that it IS trying to include these files from the lib folder. You do need to move out one extra level by adding another ../ This will back it up two directory levels (out of lib, out of roster), and then into your Phpbb instal. Final: ../../forum

I know this much, but I just don't think I can get this to actually work right. I set it up but I don't understand what it does... Can anyone explain what this does?

/edit figured it out... the thing has to be turned OFF for it to work. Lol?

Anyone else get this error:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/roster/lib/wowdb.php on line 153
?
Last edited by Jerbs on Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jerbs
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback