[Request] Glyph Display

Download, Present, and receive support for third party WoWRoster AddOns and modifications
WoWRoster AddOns and Mods are supported by the author only
Please understand that some AddOns and Mods may require advanced skills to employ

[Request] Glyph Display

Postby Nefuh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:39 am

@Holgiranemsi

First:

Borschti was the only user, who reportet this error so far as i know. So i helped Borschti to correct this error. That other users had the same problem, are new for me.

I don´t really know where the problem is located. On my local testroster all is displayed correct, but now i know that some users have trouble with displaying the german umlauts. So i have added a configuration option to correct this problem. If you set "Decode UTF8" in the addon configuration to true, all the output, should passed through utf8_decode.

Even the problem that not all members who could made something, were displayed should be fixed.

Try the new version, if you want.

You can find it in the database on http://www.wowroster.de or http://dl.wowroster.de/WoWRoster%202.0/Addons/index.php
Administrator of the german User2User Community for WoWRoster.
Guild Master from Scum from Hell - Horde @ EU-Anetheron.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

[Request] Glyph Display

Postby Holgiranemsi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi Nefuh,
thanks a lot. The modified version work perfect now also for us.
Very good work!

There is one bad thing left:
After using the Addon for displaying the Data the main page changes when you go to another addon or display. For example the upload instructions below the logo change to "" and the Menu-Topics also change to "Charakter Menü" and "Gilde Menü". In addition the Menu-Buttons are mostly empty until another addon was called. Any Idea?

Holgi
Last edited by Holgiranemsi on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holgiranemsi
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

[Request] Glyph Display

Postby PleegWat » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:57 pm

utf8_decode should never be needed - roster pages are always in the UTF8 character encoding. If UTF8 data is not displayed correctly, and especially if it also affects the menu etc., please check if the right character encoding is sent (you're not sending another content-type header with a different encoding).
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

[Request] Glyph Display

Postby Holgiranemsi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Yes, agreed.
This issue is new to us too. Normally all pages and also if we review the Character data where receipes (and also Inscription receipes) are displayed this was never an Issue. In the database the correct values and Umlauts are available. It starts with the AddOn glyph display. So maybe you have a hint why here the decode process is needed?
Holgi
Holgiranemsi
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

[Request] Glyph Display

Postby Nefuh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks PleegWat for the information, but i did not change the character encoding.

Why is it that some users have this problem, other users like me on my 3 rosters (on 3 different servers) have no problem. When the code of the addon generates the error, should the error not always appear? I don´t know.

If another Dev´s have a tip, what i can do to fix this issue it would be great.

I get all needed data from the database (with the roster database layer $db), and then generate the output.

The output will be stored in variable $content, so i need no "echo" to display the output. Before the ouput will be created, i check if the variable $content is clear, and when not i clear it by unset($content).

Possible that this is the error?
Administrator of the german User2User Community for WoWRoster.
Guild Master from Scum from Hell - Horde @ EU-Anetheron.
Nefuh
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Previous

Return to AddOns and Mods